Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Isdn modems..

Options
  • 27-01-2003 5:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

Just wondering but could anyone recommend a decent isdn modem with rvs-com or something like it.... I was on komplett.ie looking at the isdn modem and got all confused by the passive / active cr4p. can any1 help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Eicon Diva or the Asus one are good. The diva is more expensive but i think its better for stabilty and the asus one is good also and cheap (drake has it).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭ando

asus asus asus asus asus asus asus asus asus asus :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

diva diva diva diva diva diva diva diva diva diva diva diva diva diva diva diva diva diva diva diva diva diva diva diva diva diva diva diva diva diva diva diva diva diva diva diva diva diva diva diva diva diva diva diva diva diva diva diva diva diva diva diva diva diva diva diva

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

GO WITH THE DIVA GO WITH THE DIVA GO WITH THE DIVA GO WITH THE DIVA

My ping hits 12 in CS :D

Wanna pick it up for £12.95? :)

www.sapphiresystems.co.uk go to services, mail order and hey presto, they sell ex-dell stuff so it does not come boxed, you get a 28 day warranty but it is brand new, ive had mine over a year trouble free and its a piece of pisch to install.

2k will have the drivers, but they give you a cd with the drivers needed.

Now stay well clear of those Asus modems, you have no reason not to buy the Diva now :)

Enjoy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 VarCass

cheers lads for the advice... cos im kinda gettin sick of my ping with this webflyer modem :)

• Advertisement

Thats an external com connection isnt it?

I had a diva one, gave me 100 ping........

• Registered Users Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭BKtje

diva.
    I heartily endorse this product/service.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭ando

Originally posted by Samba
    My ping hits 12 in CS :D

Now stay well clear of those Asus modems

Bah, I dont believe you... 12 ping! :p what Isp were you using?

Asus is the master :D

Heh,

It didnt feel like hitting twelve today, really depends on what mood the isp is in.

Server full or empty it hits round this mark :)

Diva is way superior :p

My bro plays on the other channel and his ping never gets that low, he has a USB Modem, can't remember the model.

But my line has always been super sweet, with a good 56k modem Ive seen my ping hit 98, just a very clean line in general.

Avg. 56k was 120-140.

Btw, Ocean free gives me the best ping depending on what server Im on.

Eircom can be v.good some days aswell.

Bottom line tho, go with the Diva, you can pick it up for a score there.

Advertisement