Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLONDE BIMBO'S

Options
  • 30-12-2000 8:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Im really ****ed of at this 1. Today i was watching this thing on sky 1 called gameplay and this blonde bimbo who doesn't even know what the hell is goeing on blabbing on about games i said to myself WTF???For god sake they could of at least got some 1 who knows a thing or two. FFS she called Shenmue, Shenmueeee, SHENMUEEEEEE for god sake the only thing that kept me watching was the fact that she was a RIDE smile.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Eh... try taking this to the Games or Films/TV board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 R{a}Y

u dont get my point do you. well heres a hint GIRLS CANT DO ANYTHING RIGHT exept when F*uc*ing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

err r u ok? this is the counterstrike board. what ur talking bout isnt even remotely linked. take it elsewhere.

This is not a good day...to be a bad guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

Lol, retarded. wink.gif

UP DA DUBS!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

Hmmm..was she good lookin?

Dotsie
    www.dotsies.com
    dotsie@dotsies.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

eh k i won't check bak

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

Moving this to the games board because its got sod all to do with Counterstrike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

What, would you rather look at some spotty, pale, nerdish, frightened 16-year-old telling you about the game?
    (Remember ITV's Bad Attitude anyone? - (I think that's what it was called, but it was so horrible I think my subconscious has suppressed all memories of it))
    That's showbiz smile.gif

And maybe "Shenmueeee" is the Japanese pronunciation? (who knows!)

Rest assured though, it's most likely that the presenter was hired for his/her charisma/sex-appeal/ability to deliver the goods... and the review stuff left to dedicated researchers.
    But then maybe I'm just talking through my àrse again.

[This message has been edited by Dead{o}Santa (edited 31-12-2000).]

I remember bad influence, but I wish I didn't. It was truly appauling. Let's not talk about it any more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭tobi

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by R{a}Y:
    the only thing that kept me watching was the fact that she was a RIDE smile.gif</font>

I think you answered your own question.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Bad Influence wasn't THAT bad, in fairness. Of the various games shows I've seen on TV, it was probably the best really. Games Master was appalling - Dominic Diamond deserves death in SO many slow and painful ways, it's almost impossible to choose - and Bits is also terrible. Bits is a shame actually - two of the three girls really know their stuff about games and so on, but the format of the show doesn't give them a chance to actually do any kind of decent journalism or commentary, and they're constantly made aware that they're only there for their mammaries.

Cybernet tries to be slightly more serious, but it's relegated to stupid hours of the night and regularly suffers from REALLY bad journalism.

As for Blam!..... well.... christ, what is there to say. It's puke-makingly bad. Most of their background and production staff have quit in disgust at what the program has become, and Sky One have been forced to slap a big "This Program Is Classified As An Advertisement" warning on the start of it. Having seen what the ba$tards did to the section I worked on about LAN Parties, it's not hard to see why; we did a pretty good video diary of a LAN (i5 in this case), following a group of people about and covering a top gamer entering some of the competitions, and they mangled it into a 4 minute long pile of crap essentially advertising the I-series LANs, which they sponsor. Sigh. At least my ugly mug only appears on screen for a split second, since I spent most of my time behind the camera! smile.gif

So essentially... Yeah, Bad Attitude wasn't great, but it was the best of a bad lot.

And the right pronunciation is Shen-MOO-eh smile.gif

Cybernet isn't half bad, it's the best attempt at a games program on TV that I've seen, it is on very late/early though frown.gif Usually round 3/4 am. I don't have sky but I did see a games program at a friends house, no idea what it was called, but the presenter was the spitting image of Biddy from Glenroe, it was pretty average.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">but the presenter was the spitting image of Biddy from Glenroe</font>

LOL biggrin.gif

There's a good reason not to watch it.

Isn't she the one from Dream Team btw? the goal keepers wife? smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Loomer

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by richindub2:
    Isn't she the one from Dream Team btw? the goal keepers wife? smile.gif

</font>

Ahh No!

Well i think she does so SHUP! tongue.gif

Thats what i thought at first but she's the presenter for robot wars im deffo sure of that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

It's ****in Julia Ried....she's the same lack from Robot Wars...she's in the pits instead of philipa forester...coz someone gave her toggle and blocked her...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by R{a}Y:
    u dont get my point do you. well heres a hint GIRLS CANT DO ANYTHING RIGHT exept when F*uc*ing</font>

I have to tell you something. You may well be retarded. Don't take it too hard, now, will you.

Do your limbs ever get tingly, eh? eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭[IAR]Nevermind

we wudnt be here if there wernt ne "girls" + life wud suck

• Advertisement

part of me wonders if R{a}Y has ever spoken to a woman. they are real you know R{a}Y - they aren't just those things you jerk off to in magazines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

What do you call an Amish man with his hand up a horse's ar$e?

A mechanic!!

Lol biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

blondes are great.
    damn great.
    this thread is pointless.
    somebody lock it now.

neuro-praxis??? I bet u r one of them nerds who sit at a pc all day. Yes I do know girls are real. I just want to say either she knows what she is talking about or get a job she actually knows what to do. And by the way neuro-praxis nice name (WTF!!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Excelsior

ray, you are clearly a total dickface

[This message has been edited by Excelsior (edited 14-01-2001).]

Dearest R{a}Y,

Hmm...a sad nerd who sits at my computer all day. Wouldn't say that sums me up too well, to be honest now.

Maybe if you were smarter, R{a}Y (oh, did you make that up yourself?), you might know what my name means. You'll find its meaning in one of these things they call "books" - perhaps you've heard of them? If you have problems with those aforementioned "books" you could always ask me what it means. But there is a fair chance I might not know - seeing as I am a woman and am only capable of fúcking, so you say.

Your sexist comments kind of irritate me. Is that why I'm a nerd, then? If so, Nerdland - here I come. R{a}Y, there are places that I have heard of where you can get the kind of help you need - I believe they are called "Educational Institutions".

If the big words are too much for you, maybe you can ask your mam for help. wink.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Enough. Thought there might be some relatively sensible chat about games programs on TV developing here. I was clearly mistaken. Topic locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement