Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi A 4 1.8 t info???

Options
  • 27-01-2003 7:43pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The bro is buying an 96 Audi A4 sports 1.8 turbo and is seeking some feedback or any info about this model.
    Maybe someone has one.
    Maybe give me a link to a site?
    Thanks a lot in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭ozpass

I had one of these as a company car at the start of 2000. It was alright. The interior is nice and solid. The handling is typical Audi- loads of understeer and the steering is too light. The engine is the same as the Golf GTI but the car is even heavier. I had a Vectra GSi immediately before and a 206 GTi immediately after and both (felt) much quicker. I only had it 6 months (and it's German) so I didn't experience any reliability issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Ba$tard

Keep an eye on the undercarriage as Audi can be pretty nasty for parts wear for ball-joints, wishbones, hubs, etc for some strange reason...

Understeer can indeed be a problem and the suspension is too soft if you expect to use the car as if it is a Golf GTi - i.e. for sporty/loopertic driving.

J.

Advertisement