Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cullen announces €434m for non-national roads

Options
  • 27-01-2003 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

Now if they'd just do something about rural roads........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

not forgetting those umpteen urban roads full of potholes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

the Tramore Ring Road..and the Outer Ring Road, also in Waterford.

This is'nt news to me, the money for the above was secured two years ago! Another example of announcing something twice for effect.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Further story:
    Signposts in five counties set for €5 million revamp
    Wednesday, 29th January, 2003

Signposts in five counties are set to benefit from a €5.1 million revamp, announced by the Department of the Environment this morning.

Minister of State at the Department, Mr Pat "The Cope" Gallagher, said the initiative was "very significant. It is much needed".

The money has been allocated to Counties Galway (€1.3m), Kerry (€750,000), Sligo (€450,000), Wexford (€1.15m), and Mr Gallagher's own constituency in Donegal (€1.45m).

"I am confident that the Regional Roads in the five counties concerned, will be fully signed by the end of 2003," Mr Gallagher said.

"The inadequacies in road signposting have long been the source of complaint particularly from tourists.

"Progressively over the next five years this issue will be dealt with under this comprehensive signage programme and I look forward to overseeing the programme," he added.

The funding has been allocated as part of the new Regional Road Signposting Programme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I ment to mention the signposts issue...they're awful. I wonder how many times ppl have nearly been killed by drivers slowing suddenly at a junction as they attempt to peer at a tiny "finger" half obscured by a tree.

He (Cullen) also mentioned cats eyes for more roads too. Now all he needs to do is send out a directive for more white paint to be
    splashed about the place by councils...renewed markings are so rare they stick out like a sore thumb round here.

Mike.

• Advertisement
Advertisement