Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TCP/IP acting up.

Options
  • 27-01-2003 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭

Couldn't connect to the internet yesterday and had major problems connecting to the net again today. I can connect to the internet ok (sometimes) but I can't open webpages fully. Some work and then decide not to work again.

Boards.ie doesn't work without the use of a proxy. I'm with netsmart atm. I've tried pinging boards without the proxy and it works fine but everything else just seems to come up real slow. And I'm connecting at 49.2kbps.

And if I'm on a decent website that is downloading properly I browse a few pages and then data just stops coming down. I try to redial and the line is gone, then it's back. And then it tells me my username and password are invalid!

Feels like there's a virus on the computer. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

just read one of the many threads about how netsmart/no limits sucks the proverbial big one :mad: :(
    just keep telling yourself it's a very temporary stopgap until some cheap dsl comes along :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Actually I'm trying to get the mofo working again asap. The thing is, twas working fine for the first few days and then kaapow!! Crap service. I tried doing everything I could think of virus scanning, reinstalling drivers, browsers etc. So I conclude netsmart is crap, but I've still got 70 hours usage left so I'm sticking with it. Internet in the 21st century @ 8kbitsps! :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

nolimits/netsmart is just short of unusable for past week, yesterday i connected at 6pm and got disconnected by 6.45pm then i couldnt dial in again till nearly 11pm and when i did eventually get in nothing would work right... i hope this is only a temporary hic-up, ive had nolimits since day one and never had any problems with it till now.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Yea, i've been getting teh same probs with my No Limits connection too. Not impressed. I initially thought it was my PC but it seems not!

Advertisement