Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Presidential Elections - Democratic Nominations

Options
  • 28-01-2003 10:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭

I know it's early days but what the hell, who do you think is going to get the Democratic nomination for the 2004 presidential elections.

Possible candidates so far...
    John Kerry
    Joe Lieberman
    Richard Gephardt
    John Edwards

The polls so far...

2004 US Elections - Democratic Nominee 5 votes

John Kerry
    0% 0 votes
    Joe Lieberman
    20% 1 vote
    Richard Gephardt
    20% 1 vote
    John Edwards
    0% 0 votes
    ...other.
    60% 3 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Hillary Clinton.

Seriously.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I was a bit disappointed that Tom Daschle didn't step up to the plate meself.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 blackadder

i don't think it makes a damn bit of difference who they select. Bush and his cronies will endeavour to rig the polling machines, strike off black voters and screw the opposition in court even more than they did the last time...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭PH01

Originally posted by Typedef
    Hillary Clinton.

Seriously.

Yes, Hillary Clinton at this stage looks like the only one able to topple Dubya. Although she has ruled her self out for 2004, preferring 2008, pressure is growing upon her to run next year. We should know by October eitherway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

Josiah Bartlet :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

John Edwards - read an article about him recently. Seemed to be fairly articulate, has a range of policies to appeal to a broad section of American voters and he is from the South, a section of the country the democrats need to win.

Hillary - maybe 2008.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭PH01

I'd say HC would want to be caseful how she plays it.
    If she decides not to run in 2004, and to save herself for 2008, George Dubya better win for her sake. Because if the Democrats win in Nov. 2004, she won't have a shot at it for 2008.

Advertisement