Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Living in Belgium. Can I get RTE?

• 28-01-2003 10:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Just back from a great w/e in Dublin. Feeling a bit homesick.

Does anyone know if I can get the four RTE stations by satellite without having to buy a Sky Sports subscription?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ppmoore

Sorry, I meant to add the four RTE TV stations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Stiabhna

Hi,

Yep, you can get all four Irish stations - but only as part of the SKY family pack (I think it's around € 27 a month).

I'm in Stuttgart and it works fine here :)

S.

Thanks Stiabhna,

To get the Sky family pack, I suppose I can use my existing analogue TV with the set top box. Do I have to buy my satellite equipment in Ireland, as part of the installation?

I notice on the ICDG site that there is also an Eircom landline charge. How does this work if I'm in Belgium?
    They also mention the £50 installation fee. Does this mean I have to get the kit installed at say, my parents' house, and then bring the installation over here?

http://myhome.iolfree.ie/~icdg/feature_skyandchorus.htm

There's some buildings in front of my house facing South. How do I find out if I can even get the line of sight to the satellite

Sorry for all the questions? I'm satellite ignorant...

Paul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Stiabhna

Hi Paul,

Don't worry about the questions - I'm glad to help (where I can...).

I don't know what the situation is now in Ireland. I bought my SKY digibox about four years ago. They were quite new then and the dealer didn't seem to know much about them. As far as I know, you didn't have to have the telephone cable connected, as the interactive services weren't available in Ireland.

I just bought the box, rigged it up to my existing satellite dish (anyone will do, as long as it has a digital LNB - you can buy a new LNB if you need one, I think they're only around EUR 25).

As far as aligning the satellite is concerned, do you have the option of installing it on the roof? To be honest, I got a "professional" to do it for me - he installed the cabling and aligned the satellite - I can get great reception, even though the dish is mounted on the side of the balcony and there are buildings facing it.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Stephen :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭seano

I live here in Holland and got it done 5 months ago.It is a bit of hassle to get it organised when you are living here but it is wll worth it..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Hi Paul,
    I'm near Antwerp and I get RTE etc very well.Got a 100 euro installation in July, my mother signed up as she lives in Eire.Brought the box a Grundig and card back here (Belgium). Connected everything up and waited till saturday morning and rang $ky with my mobile ID switched off then within 8 hours all the channels were switched on, RTE was the last to come in so be patient.
    If you buy your own box outright ie no 100 euro installation you won't have to worry about the phone line, they never asked me when I got the card activated.
    You can mail me if you like digibox@hotmail.com
    Tony http://www.satellite.ie/ knows all the ins and outs and might be of help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by ppmoore
    I notice on the ICDG site that there is also an Eircom landline charge. How does this work if I'm in Belgium?

That's there purely for comparison with the cost of the cable TV option. Chorus have an all-in package for TV and telephone.

Thanks Lads,

Seems that the best thing to do is to contact Tony at satellite.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Great idea :D

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

Advertisement