Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Circumcision

• 28-01-2003 1:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I'm going for a circumcision soon for a tight foreskin.
    I'm kinda nervous as you can imagine. Has anyone here had one done before? Could you tell me about it?
    How long does it take before you're ok after the op?
    Is there a loss of sensation?

Any information is most welcome.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

ouch !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Read this first

Circumcision isn't always the answer. There are other, less
    invasive means out there to help you. Good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭po0k

[edit: too graphic for teh kids << Fio >> ]

You're going to be crippled for a few weeks i'd say, and then walking around with a permanent case of wood for a bit after that.

Stock up on silk jocks and "comfy pants"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Drunk pirate

My friend got the snip. He had pissing problems. He got it done and was in pain because if it rubbed off anything it would wreck. What you'll need is a big T-shirt and don't let anyone see you!

Yeah my Friendhad it done too :)
    I thought the embarressment of the initial doctors examination was bad but it was nothing compared to when I remembered what I had done and said when I woke from the anesthetic! They give you something to wake you up after the op so they can make sure your not brain damaged. I wake up and see a theater nurse standing over me. I'm still high on the class A's they've given me. I lift up the blanket covering me to have a look at the oul todger and turn to the nurse and say, "Did ye take much off" :):) like something you would say in a hairdressers!! The look of disgust and/or embarressment on her face was priceless. I remembered this when I woke up again later that evening. Oh the shame! Nearly as bad was when the middle aged ward nurse had to change my dressing. What a tiny black and blue bloody mess that was!!

Other than the embarressment factor its plain sailing after that.....oh except for the agonising morning glory every day for about 10days. It takes a couple of days to get used to the hyper sensitive 'tip' rubbing on the inside of your boxers but after about a month its sufficiently de-sensitied so that you don't notice. As for feeling on the job? Well obviously you'll have less feeling than an uncut bloke whose equipment always worked correctly but you probably never knew what it should feel like anyway cause of the pain/foreskin that didn't retract, so what you don't know you don't miss. I never really enjoyed sex as much as I should have/knew I should have because of the problem but now I can really let rip(without having to worry about it ripping!!) and I'm having the best sex of my life now.

So go ahead mate and don't worry. In a few weeks you'll be so glad you got it done...........and remember, wait till you are in the ward alone before you have a peek!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Runfree

ouch that has to be sore in all fairness.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I had that done when I was a lot younger (finally bubbles gets an answer to his question :) )

Its grand in the long run... I actually prefer to be a v-neck rather then a polo-neck :)

Its cleaner too and personally I think it makes for great sexual sensitivity though I dont remember what it was like before!

Its painful alright but its not the most pain I've ever been in. Its arkward for a few weeks after and getting the bandages off is OWWWWW but certainly I dont regret it!

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

What age did you get it done DeV ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

Circumcision actually reduces sensitivity as there are glands just under the foreskin that provide a different experience as soon as its sniped. lol there are other things too but i aint going into em :P

and em... no im not :)

there is an organisation in the UK, called NORM OK, go to their site and have a read. Its ALL about circumcision, the pro's, the con's and everything else you want to know.

[edit]updated organisation name[edit]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

A friend got it done (we couldn't get him to shut up about it), because he was finding blood in the condom after sex. Says he is much happier now and the ladies like it as well.

He felt a bit 'conficted' when the "fit" nurse had to change his dressing.

I understand they usually give a drug to prevent / reduce erections for the healing period.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

Well from watching sex and the city i think you have to wait two weeks after the op before entering any form of sexual contact. Well i dont think you'll be walking like Ed Norton in American history x after his little despoil in the shower, so that should put your mind at ease.

I've two friends who are hood less and they appear to be quite satisfied with the result of the whole circumcision caper they underwent. Personally i like my fireman with a helmet and i believe parents should not be allowed to decide to proceed with the snip on their newborn son unless its absolutely necesary to do so, mainly because i'd like to experience a sheltered one before deciding to go bare as it supposedly cuts sexual sensation/excitement. Needless to say there are numerous theories arising for and against.

I totally agree with Caesar in that I don't believe circumcision should be done unless there is a medical need. Its done on most newborn american males. The pro-circumcision camp over there go on about the supposed health issues, ie reduced risk of penile cancer etc but to be honest I think if you regularily clean under the foreskin you'll be ok. They also go on about how a son should 'look' like his father buts thats just cr*p. I don't want my son (if I ever have one) to have a circumcision unless he needs it. I won't shy away from asking him if everythings ok down there so that he can get it done before he starts 'ridin' :) saving him having to go through a few years of less than satisfactory or even painful sex.
    In saying all that I'll re-iterate that I'm glad I had it done. As far as my enjoyment of 'the act' is concerned, its 10 times better since the op and tbh I think it looks more attractive than an un-circumcised one.

I'm surprised no ones mentioned one of the big pro's. ie you can 'last' much longer if you so desire(or if she so desires) after some 'self practice' :) and provided you have the physical stamina of course. Another big bonus is that the longer you can hold back the more powerful the 'end result' and I can vouch for that one! :)

PS do I get a prize for most euphamisms in inverted comma's in a single post?? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

Cringe!
    Avoid wool, and goin commando!

There was a thread about this recently i think, see if you cna find it for previous advice.

that site is here:

http://www.norm-uk.org/index.html

work safe

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Ah ffs... that site reads as BIASED as it could possibly be...

I'll tell you this much, if there is a fall off in sexual experience then all the uncircumcised blokes must be having INCREDIBLE sex because I've never noticed it, in fatc I think it enhances sex as I cant imagine it being much better!

I was 8 when I was circumcised for medical reasons (the same as the poster) and I wouldnt do it to anyone without good cause but really, its fine... I must admit that I prefer being circumcised then not.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

Yeh got one done a few years back, same problem as you actually. Frankly I didn't get one bit of pain apart from the sugar stitches melting, going pointy and catching in my underwear. Although you will have a 12" Black schlong for 2 weeks (which you can boast about). As for Stan's comment, yeh it does make it less sensitive but at least you can go for longer :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Originally posted by layke
    Yeh got one done a few years back
    Only one! :p

At the end of the day
    You live with the way you were made or you don't:
    -You don't live with it - change it and experience 100% life.
    -You do live with it - keep it 100% life.
    Same thing just seen through different coloured eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Hysteresis

Originally posted by Unr3g
    I'm going for a circumcision soon for a tight foreskin.

There is steroid cream available that will loosen the foreskin in only 6 weeks.

Originally posted by DeVore
    Its cleaner too

Wrong. There is no medical evidence to support this. There is also no medical proof that those who are circumcised suffer less urinary tract infections.

and personally I think it makes for great sexual sensitivity though I dont remember what it was like before!

Again wrong. The glans' skin become harden, which greatly reduces sensitivty. Also, you loose the highly sensitive inner foreskin and the frenalum is destroyed.

but certainly I dont regret it!

Sadly, if you were better informed you would.

What most people don't realise is that the foreskin also acts as a "lubricant"/friction minimiser between the penis and vagina during sex. Sex with a circumcised can actually be painful for a women, which is why there's such a big lubrication market in America where approximately 65% of all men are circumcised.

Time to get restoring.

General Circumcision Information (and why not to get it done):
    Non-surgical Foreskin Restoration*:

* Non-surgical Foreskin Restoration works by using various methods to apply tension to the shaft skin, which causes the skin to grow slowly over several months. This is simlar to the technique plastic surgeons use to grow additional skin on a patient for a skin graph by putting a balloon under the skin and expanding it over several months, to keep the tension on the skin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Wow, you can actually grow your foreskin back now? :confused: *Now that's magic!

*said in a Paul daniels accent

Originally posted by Gordon
    Wow, you can actually grow your foreskin back now? :confused: *Now that's magic!

*said in a Paul daniels accent

It's not magic and it's not a real foreskin, simply the shaft skin grown longer enough to cover and protect the glans.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Hysteresis,
    You'll note from my previous posts that I'm against circumcision unless there is a medical need. You'll also note he says he has a medical need for this procedure. Thats why I support this guys decision to go ahead with the op....cause he obviously has a medical need! This guy isn't deciding to have a circumcision for a laugh or because it looks better etc so please dont start with that fundamentelist foreskin restoration league stuff. If you got circumcised as a baby/child and resent your parents for making that decision for you then fine. I'd say I'd feel the same way. If you feel so strongly that you are missing something and want to restore your foreskin then thats also fine. I just think thats a separate arguement. Were talking about medical circumcision in adulthood here not babies circumcised without consent.
    Yeah great if you've got mild phimosis(tight foreskin) but absolutely no use if the condition is more severe. The fact that he has been referred to a urologist who has recommended the op to him suggests that the steroid treatment isn't suitable for him.
    Wrong. There is no medical evidence to support this. There is also no medical proof that those who are circumcised suffer less urinary tract infections.
    I'm sure what Devore meant is that its easier to clean. I'd say most uncircumcised men dont wash under the skin enough though, but no one mentioned incidents of urinary tract disease??
    Again wrong. The glans' skin become harden, which greatly reduces sensitivty. Also, you loose the highly sensitive inner foreskin and the frenalum is destroyed.
    A good surgeon will leave most of the frenulum intact. As for sensitivity. Well as I have already said in an earlier post, one does loose a certain amount of sensitivity but you have to remember that someone with a tight foreskin wont ever have been able to enjoy sex anywhere near fully
    A. because the foreskin is painfully tight. Maybe you like pleasure with you pain or vice versa
    or
    B. It wont retract at all so the glans skin and the inner foreskin can be as sensitive as you like but when not exposed to external friction... a fat lot of good it does ye!
    Sure post op he will be less sensitive than a normal uncircumcised man but seeing as he has no frame of reference himself then what he never new he will never miss. The sensations will still be ten times better than if he didn't have the op.
    What most people don't realise is that the foreskin also acts as a "lubricant"/friction minimiser between the penis and vagina during sex. Sex with a circumcised can actually be painful for a women, which is why there's such a big lubrication market in America where approximately 65% of all men are circumcised.
    I've never had any complaints on the friction front. Maybe your just not giving enough foreplay if you know what I mean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

Original poster here.

Yeah great if you've got mild phimosis(tight foreskin) but absolutely no use if the condition is more severe. The fact that he has been referred to a urologist who has recommended the op to him suggests that the steroid treatment isn't suitable for him.

Well, actually the doctor said I should get one done. I haven't been to the urologist yet (next monday). I'm defintetely going to ask him about this cream.
    I don't think my phimosis is that severe, I have no problems pulling back the foreskin when flaccid and I can bring it back most of the way when erect. AFAIK there are much worse forms. We'll see on monday though, I would prefer the cream obviously.

Plus it seems there are various forms of circumcision i.e. partial so we won't have to go lopping off vast amounts of skin.

I dunno, when the doctor referred me to the urologist I thought it was the only option and didn't really mind. Now I'd much prefer the cream or some other non-destructive technique.

Thanks for the replies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

From what I can gather, it's very much a case of "don't even think about it unless it's medically necessary". Anyone I know who's had the snip in later life certainly finds the desensitization to be a major factor; it's not that they can't enjoy sex or whatever, but they certainly don't get feelings as intense from their glans as non-circumcised males do.

Your foreskin isn't like your appendix, a wasted evolutionary dead end; it's there for a reason. Cutting it off unless it absolutely needs to be cut off is stupid.

And it's only cleaner if you're a filthy bastard who doesn't wash his knob often enough :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

By the way I'd like to point out my disgust at Devore using this thread to push forward his pro-Jewish masonic loyalist imperialist capitalist agenda. The illuminati want your foreskin lopped off! It's all a plot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

Wasnt Circumcision introduced on religous grounds in that Sex is about procreation not about pleasure.

I know that same parents get their girls circumcised in islamic states. ie removal of the clitoris for that reason alone and its the same for baby boys.

Hygene was a factor introduced really late in the day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Clintons Cat

Nah hot weather + lack of water =Circumcison good idea

Desensitised?? What??

Well if it's true you guys must get hard just pulling on your boxers! I've no complaints in the orgasm department thank you very much and maybe it will help in not "blowing you're load" in 2 mins... :)

And as for the "dont do it unless its a medical necessity" all I can say is "DUH!"

You mean to tell me someone SHOULDNT lop off their foreskin for FUN? WOW... YUO GUYS KN0W S0 MUHC!!

I highly doubt that knob-chopping is the next cRaZy pasttime... of course it should be for medical reasons.

My whole point is this:
    Hey, if you have to have it done... dont listen to the people who go on about it like you are going to be disfigured and sexually stunted... thats just bollox (if you'll excuse the pun :) )

DeV.

ps: Hysteresis: Obviously you arent circumcised so perhaps you might listen to someone who is. Are you a doctor? Are you backing up your points with either real life experience or medical opinion/links?? You seem to be very strident on the issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

Originally posted by Washout I know that same parents get their girls circumcised in islamic states. ie removal of the clitoris for that reason alone and its the same for baby boys.
    when i was born (my parents were living and working in Libya at that point in time), i was circumcised at a very young age, few weeks or a month after the birth, or so i was told. it might be out of religious reasons or just a silly joke, but i can remember that i never had any problems afterwards.

oh yeah, the girls tend to call it 'automatic' for reasons i cant understand.

adnans

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Washout
    Wasnt Circumcision introduced on religous grounds in that Sex is about procreation not about pleasure.
    Actually, in Judaeo-Christian-Muslim tradition, the Jews were the first to use circumcision and pleasuring your partner (first!) is specifically advocated by Judaism.

AFAIK with judaism its supposed to be a sacred pact with god or something. Offering part of ones body to the Lord etc etc. Obviously its one of the easiest parts of your body to lob off with the exception of your ear lobe I suppose. Islam just inherited the tradition from Judaism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

I was watchinhg this documentery on Nelson Mandella once and he was describing that the way a boy turns into a man in the tribe he was from is by having the overhang whacked with this thing that looked like a machete.

there might be the surgical alternative :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Synkronite

A. nonimous, Islam did not just "inherit" this from Judaism based on sacrifice to God.

Get your facts right before posting.

Im not a religious scholar, so Im not sure. I think the first person who did this started from the time of Moses, and was first practised by a religion by Prophet Abraham. It's meant to be cleaner, and I dont see why people would be so pro or anti it.

Personally being circumsised, Ive had no problems with sex, and girls have rather enjoyed themselves (Or probably just tried to keep my hopes high :)

Originally posted by Synkronite
    A. nonimous, Islam did not just "inherit" this from Judaism based on sacrifice to God. Get your facts right before posting.
    So are you going to share with us what the association was? Did Islam decide to do it by itself or was there some other link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Drunk pirate

I get a good laugh with my friend and his non-foreskin ways. I'd grab a shers and chase him around asking him is he getting any flashbacks. *Snip snip*.

• Advertisement

Get out of the wrong side of the bed Synkronite ?
    Originally posted by Synkronite
    A. nonimous, Islam did not just "inherit" this from Judaism based on sacrifice to God.

Get your facts right before posting.

Im not a religious scholar, so Im not sure.............
    If that isn't the cat calling the kettle black I don't know what is! I started my last post with AFAIK(As far as I know)Learn your Acronyms before you get snotty Synkronite. I wasn't claiming what I was saying was Gospel(pardon the pun! :)) Then you go on to explain what you think you know about the religious origins of circumcision and start by saying
    Im not a religious scholar, so Im not sure............. [/B]
    You would be sure if you checked your facts before posting!! LMFAO(Look it up!) :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Enygma
    Original poster here.

Well, actually the doctor said I should get one done. I haven't been to the urologist yet (next monday). I'm defintetely going to ask him about this cream.
    I don't think my phimosis is that severe, I have no problems pulling back the foreskin when flaccid and I can bring it back most of the way when erect. AFAIK there are much worse forms. We'll see on monday though, I would prefer the cream obviously.

From http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/Spa/4371/fraud.htm (reads a little emotionally to begin with, like most things american :D):

"Treatment published in medical journal literature reports a 90% success rate with conservative treatment using a topical steroid (betamethasone valerate 0.5%2 or clobetasol propionate cream, 0.05%7). Some individuals in the 10% who are still unable to retract opt to leave their foreskin or their son’s foreskin alone. This is also a successful treatment for the restriction of the opening if urine flow is obstructed. Balloon dilation is another treatment that reported a 100% cure rate among 512 cases.8 "

More steroid cream sources:
    http://www.cirp.org/library/treatment/phimosis/wright/ - medical study on the use of steroid cream for childhood phimosis
    http://www.norm-uk.org/circumcision_alternative_treatments.html - mentions a conservative surgical procedure called preputioplasty, which saves the foreskin.

Plus it seems there are various forms of circumcision i.e. partial so we won't have to go lopping off vast amounts of skin.
    Definately mention the steroid cream, the preputioplasty procedure and the "balloon dilation" which I presume is similar to ballon skin expansion techniques for skin graphs (it also sounds a lot like the "packing" techniques foreskin restorers use, which involves packing sponge under the "fauxskin" while securing the shaft skin over the glans using surgical tape or an o-ring. The sponge puts pressure on the shaft skin covering the glans which causes it to grow).

If the urologist suggests a partial circumcison, it would likely be possible to restore the forskin to its proper length using non-surgical foreskin restoration techniques - you might want to mention this to the urologist also.

Hopefully, surgical methods will not be necessary and hopefully you'll get a sympathetic urologist with knowledge of the alternatives mentioned above.

Originally posted by A. nonimous
    Re: Surgical Cream...
    The thing is, your local GP is not an expert on foreskin anatomy - in fact, until the 1996 study conducted by Taylor, Lockwood & Taylor of the University of Manitoba, Canada (see two papers they've written here & here) a proper study on the anatomy of the foreskin had never been conducted. Today, medical students continue to be taught that the foreskin is merely a piece of skin that covers the glans, information which is based on 100 year old copys of Gray's Anatomy. Many urologists may not even be aware of these studies, unless they keep up with the various medical journals.

ps: Hysteresis: Obviously you arent circumcised so perhaps you might listen to someone who is. Are you a doctor? Are you backing up your points with either real life experience or medical opinion/links?? You seem to be very strident on the issue.
    I was circumcised when I was 8 years, as my foreskin would not retract one bit. I can remember experiencing pain like I've never felt before or since, when the head urology guy in Temple St hospital forcibly retracted my foreskin, while pointing out to a group medical student and my mother what was wrong. I was circumcised a few weeks after.

To me, it was merely a colour change as I was not even aware that there was a foreskin there to retract until I was much older. Like you, it never really bothered me, until a couple years ago when I decided to do some internet research on what it was I had been removed and what it's function is. It was initially upsetting to read that I had lost the erogenously sensitive inner foreskin, which apparently has the same concentration of nerve endings as the lips.

But then I discovered non-surgical restoration (this is starting to sound like an infomercial, but I'll go on :D). I personally tried this myself for an epic :) 6 weeks, using the T-Tape method. Before I had done this, my erections would be uncomfortable as the shaft skin was tight, presumably because I was tightly cut. After, the 6 weeks, although the skin had no noticeable visible difference, the shaft skin was now much looser, and my erections where no longer uncomfortable.

That was two years ago, and the results have remained permanent. For some reason, this gave me a great sense of acheivement and the knowledge that it's possible to restore a functional, if not anatomically correct, foreskin boosted my confidence.
    I might come across a bit "strident" on the issue, because I find it disturbing that babys are having unnecessary circumcisions and that others are having circumcisions, for "medical reasons", without knowing that there are possible alternatives.

At least "strident" isn't as bad the highly emotional opinions that can be found on the foreskin restoration mailing lists, which is also the main reason why I don't read any of them anymore - far too much "I can't forgive my parents" bullshit. Sadly a lot of the anti-circumcision/foreskin restoration websites come from the same emotive angle.

I have not continued with foreskin restoration to date as I can't be bothered with the awkwardness that goes with it, although I'm very pleased with the small amount of growth (and subsequent pain relief) I acheived, as it accomplished as much as I want. My main reason for trying restoring again, would be to prevent any discomfort a long term partner might experience from the friction of sexual intercourse, something the foreskin helps to prevent.

In summary, I like to know that people that people are properly informed on such a sensitve (excuse the pun :)) issue and are aware of the negative effects it can have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

True or not, i dont really care tbh but it would go as a pro for circumcision if it is. My hoodless friend reckons he gets an extra inch(or at leat appears to) out of it now. anyone?

• Advertisement

Man... I've never found any problems with being circumcised (I too was cut for the same reasons you were).
    I've never had a problem with my parents decision (partly cos I was involved in it too)...

Anyway... medical reasons I believe are acceptible.... I wouldnt do it otherwise but its no big deal afaics!

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭HJ Simpson

Cringe Time.
    A guy I know had this done accidentally when he got caught in a girls coil!!!!! Ouch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

must.....resist.....urge.....to.......make.......knob......puns...........

its interesting from a blokes side, but i would be interested to hear from the ladies about the whole issue of feeling and experience with circumcised and uncircumcised willies.

sorry, couldnt resist....

i really think that any messing in this thread should get the :)snip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

I wouldn't imagine it would make a huge difference. Anyhow, they'll take what they get right? :)

Going in to get it done on the 19th.

Nah! not a bit nervous!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭darthmise

I must admit that I prefer being circumcised then not.

DeV.

Why for... do you mind me asking? Hygiene? Sex?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

No experience myself, but i've had discussions with friends who've been with circumcised and uncircumcised guys.

Summary: Yes, there is a distinct lack of foreskin "cheese" with circumcised guys (but then again there is a distinct lack of it on CLEAN guys).

And there doesnt seem to make any difference to girls, from what they've said to me, it feels *slightly* different, but again, it's not what you've got but what you do with it.
    Originally posted by Hysteresis
    I was circumcised when I was 8 years, as my foreskin would not retract one bit. I can remember experiencing pain like I've never felt before or since, when the head urology guy in Temple St hospital forcibly retracted my foreskin, while pointing out to a group medical student and my mother what was wrong. I was circumcised a few weeks after.

You've obviously had a horrific experience, and if I were you I'd strongly consider having that guy (if he's still operating) investigated. From what I've heard it's not normal for doctors to forcibly retract the foreskin before operating, I'd say he got premission from your parents to explain the problem to medical students, but thats seriously serious wrong. (in my eyes anyway).

Original poster: I know guy who're afraid to get anything done about this problem, discuss it well with your doctor and i hope you get whatever you need to do done.

<< Fio >>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Originally posted by Hysteresis

If it is who I think it was (and it sounds like the same guy) he is now retired. He was a rough bastard, did very similar stuff to me in Temple St/St Vincents and buggered a few things up :/

So everyone else should be fine and be thankful this particular doctor is no longer operating!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

all i can say is OUCHIES :( and sorry m8 but i know nothing about it.

Originally posted by Tusky
    sorry m8 but i know nothing about it.

eh.... scroll up

I had it Done when i was a very young so i don't remember it!! thank god.
    and would you believe my girlfriend didn't notice it for a year until one night while we were getting down to it she says "where's your foreskin?"
    I thought she wsa taking the piss at first, but she really thought i was "uncut"!!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement