Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MP3 gadget

• 28-01-2003 2:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭

Anybody have the Ericsson MP3 player, the HPM-10?

I am thinking of buying it, so any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

TD.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭sirlinux

I have one, it's good works well, the connection is a bit dodgy sometimes, but you can use a bit of card to fix it, you can get details on www.esato.com . You can use any mmc card in it it comes with 32mb. Download the new drivers from sony eircsson if you get it the old ones dont work on 2k or XP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Excellent, thanks.

A question for you - how do you change songs? Does the player use the phone's screen/buttons at all? Or does the module itself have buttons on it?

The reason I ask is that I have the radio and all the controls are on the radio module itself (i.e. volume, tuning and on/off). This means it is independent of the phone (that's probably why it works with my R380). But if the MP3 player uses the phone's screen, it may not work with my phone. Expansys.com says it will, the picture of it shows the same type of connector, but there is no mention of it being compatable on the Ericsson website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭sirlinux

The unit runs through menus on the phones screen, no buttons on it at all apart from the eject for the MMC card. I use it on a t68i so not so sure about an r380, I assume it will work, shipping is cheaper to buy direct on eshop on www.sonyericsson.com, your buying direct from sony as well so that might be better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Dang. That site you gave me confirmed that it won't work on an R380s. Thanks for the info, though, it looks like a good site.

Advertisement