Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IE Problem

• 28-01-2003 3:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭

Heyas,

Over the past few days anytime I go to a website i.e Boards I have to manually refresh each page, it is as if IE thinks it is working offline?

I have tried resetting all settings, deleting temp files and cookies etc and still nothing.

One cause could be is that I am working on someones Address book in Outlook Express and so that I do not recieve their emails I am working in offline mode.

Anyway I could go about fixing this, anyone experienced this before?

Thanks in advance for any help,

muchos gracies ;)

Samba

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I've had a similar problem on some other message boards. Never here though. What happens for me is just seeing an old version of the page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Aye, but it appears to be happening on every webpage I visit, it never detects a fresh connection to the site.

Im running Win2k could it have anything to do with Services?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

nope, doubt it 2k here (SP3) IE 5.0 (too lazy to update!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Are you using a proxy server to access the internet? Maybe your viewing the cached version of the page and you have to force the proxy server to update by refreshing the page?

Nope no proxy server, average joe net connection.

• Advertisement

Click Tools, Internet Options, Temporary Internet Files, Settings and make sure 'check for newer versions of stored pages' isn't set to never. Mine is set to 'Automatic'

Sorted thanks sickboy, Very strange that it magically decided to chage that setting, must have been somthing to do with Outlook Express.

Thanks again

Glad to be of assistance

Advertisement