Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT beFore selling???

Options
  • 28-01-2003 4:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭

My feista is due it's NCT on the 27th of feb, this is the time i was hoping to trade her in. Will having the NCT make much difference in the price i get? Or does it matter?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by francie brady
    My feista is due it's NCT on the 27th of feb, this is the time i was hoping to trade her in. Will having the NCT make much difference in the price i get? Or does it matter?

Yes, it'll mean you won't have to discount the price by the cost of the NCT test, which any potential buyer would be right to expect of you if they were to buy it without it having been tested.

Of course, having the NCT test done (and passing!) increase your chances of actually selling the beast...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 clicos

Personally I wouldn't bother buying a car that hadn't had passed the NCT. It's a buyer's market at the moment with second hand cars going really cheap so something as simple as not having the NCT sorted could put off a lot of people - I know it did with me.

HTH

Clidhna

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Yeah I agree, get the NCT done (and passed) it'll make your car much more tradeable.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

For a private sale I'd NCT, if only to increase the chance of actually selling the car.

For a trade in to a dealer, probably not worth the effort - esp if you think there's a problem with the car:D

Advertisement