Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sms Messaging..

• 28-01-2003 5:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭

Sorry I didn't know where to post this!

Is there a site where you can send free sms messaging from without logging with a mobie tel no.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

ICQ - lets you send sms messages to 087 and 086 - with no Ad in the message - and ppl can even reply to it.

It adds a bit of text at the end of the message tho (if you message isn't 160 characters) something like "if you want to reply, select reply on your phone" or something stupid like that... but if you fill the rest of the message with spaces you won't get that.

You also have a daily limit - 20 or something, but only takes 2 mouse clicks to change to another a/c which takes about 2 mins to make :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭KoNiT

I had ICQ b4, about 5 years ago. I got rid of it 'cos i kept recieving spam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

I've been using ICQ for nearly 6 years an I never ever get spam. Must be something you're doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Set your ICQ status to Do Not Disturb or Invisible and you'll rarely get any spam.

Advertisement