Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Adsl

• 28-01-2003 5:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭

What is the max amount of space (kms/miles) that you can be away from a town/city whilest still being able to get adsl and use it without problems?

E

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 rolo2912

5km from the Exchange up to 6 for lower bandwith

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

I was told that east will only support up to 2.5k (just them being pains in the ass) have the mail here, one sec
    Thank you for your enquiry.

The line test will check that you are connected to a DSL enabled exchange,
    this can be done with an ISDN line. Your address confirms your distance from
    your exchange. Currently EsatBT guarantee their sevcie up to 2.5KM from the
    exchange, however in the UK BT will rpovide DSL upto 4KM from an exchange
    (the quality of the copper connections are better!). However, Eircom will
    only accept unbundling applications of PSTN lines.

We have not yet received the next list of enabled exchanges, unfortunately
    Leixlip is not on the current round on 40 exchanges to be enabled by EsatBT.
    As soon a we receive word I will inform you.

It is of little comfort but we have received many enquiries from Leixlip and
    we lobby EsatBT and ComReg based on the strength of enquiries for various
    exchanges.

In the meantime if I can be of any further assistance do not hesitate to
    contact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Who sent you that email sutty?
    Was it adslnow.ie?

THe line " we lobby esat and comreg" is confusing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

Bt are really ****ty. But they have this signup system, that quite vunerable to someone with alot of time on their hands, and who is desperate to get adsl.

They have an interest bar, when u try to register your interest in the north. 400 names are needed for my exchange. I went on 1 night and enetered about 20 names form people who used to live in my estate, and the bar went down!

If esat have this system you could fake a few names, to get teh exchange connected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭Eron

So if I live straight across from a link exchange, say 1 mile, but by road its longer, how exactly will I judge, I dont want to end up with a DSL connection that doesn't work, that would be.... well pointless - please, some more help!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭santalives

if you are in a dsl enabled exchange ring sales and ask them them to do a prequal if you pass you can get dsl and it will work fine. i.e. if you can get a dsl connection it will work to the speed said. they will not put dsl on a line that falls below the speed gauranteed

Advertisement