Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delta Force

Options
  • 18-01-2001 1:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭

Anyone here play Delta Force at all?
    Got hooked on Delta Force 2 multiplayer over the last few weeks in the webworkhouse and just got my hands on a copy of DF3.

The graphics are much better, more weapons, cool levels, the bad guys are still thick as cowsh!te but it still rocks in multiplayer.

Maybe it isn't as fast as Q3 or UT but you get so much more satisfaction out of a kill when you pop a guys head from 800m away biggrin.gif

So anybody know of any good online servers for this?
    Or DF2 for that matter.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

Hehe, well i've played the demo if it and it seems okay, kinda like a cross between Rogue Spear and counter strike smile.gif

UP DA DUBS!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

havent played DF3 at all, but here in work we play DF2 every bankholiday.
    imho i think its probably one of the best multiplayer games of all time, purely for sheer entertainment. its brilliant,
    why not do a search for delta force sites and servers in metacraw;ler or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

I spent many hours playing DF2 on novaworld, i just love hunkering down one click from the action and picking off any would be snipers or cappers. Most of the maps involve big snipe-fests (not a bad thing cos each time you die you know you cant go back to the same place), the feeling you get when you find "the perfect spot" and get loads of kills.
    Especially cool are the nightime maps. Have to but DF3 at some point.
    Especially annoying (cept when your the one doing it) is when you get behind the enemy spawn point and nail all the respawns one after the other, probably the only game in which you would give your right arm to get another 50cal clip for your barret and avoid moving smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

I used to play a LOT of delta force 1, was in a clan for a while. It's great fun, in some situations. i enjoyed team capture the flag in particular, or anything that involved attacking some camping enemies, great fun to fire off grenades through the windows of their houses and charge in guns blazing smile.gif Didn't like the long range sniping tho to be honest, much too frustrating when it happenes to you smile.gif

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

anyone play delta force land warrior ?
    I got a demo of its
    tis good online

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

Yeah that's the one I've got. I think the full version is out on the 16th of Feb. (got me a copy from the states smile.gif )

Anyone round here from Cork like to play this? Maybe we could arrange some night to go into the webworkhouse for a few hours. I know a few lads that are well up for it.

WhiteWashMan, LandWarrior is gonna blow you away! There's even a bobbing motion on the scope for some of the characters and it actually resembles someone breathing.

The only bad thing about it is that the M4/Grenade Launcher is gone. The M4/Shogun is there but...there's something about lobbing a few grenades around trying to psyche out the other guys smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

I'M IN THE ZONE!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

hmm
    I thought nethouse rathmines had it
    I was playing Delta force, pritty sure it was land warrior

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭Greenbean

Actually got a (proper) review copy here about a week ago. Note you might have noticed playerofgames is a little low on new content. This is cause we're all damn busy (I'm doing 4th year computer science). This means anyone who thinks they could update, even just once a week would be very welcome. I'd get regi to setup an account. Good chance that the few review games we get could be marshalled out to news updaters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

We have it in Net House. I have played it a few times. It is an improvement in everyway from the last one. Even easier to snipe (sorry Mills) with the clearer graphics. They have put in some levels that are not suited to the sniper rifle which are great fun on Lan or online when you have a decent ping. Playing on an oil rig at night with RPG's firing everywhere is great crack.

I would give this game two tumbs up ;-).

thefanj.gif

Clan Acid

[This message has been edited by The FANJ (edited 20-01-2001).]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Yep, we have the american version of DFLW in all NH branches, courtesy of Mont0r. Getting rid of that voxel business means you get better framerates on certain cards.

would you be able to copy me one of them please smile.gif ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

Thats pirating your talking about. tut tut tut. Had you shown up at Buffy Lan you could have made your own copy. :-).

thefanj.gif

Clan Acid

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭Greenbean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 R{a}Y

welll i never play DF2 on the multiplayer but i played the game and i thought it was crap the options and all the stuff u got to choose was kinda cool. But when it came to the game it was sh*ite. There was no recoil of the gun, the animation of the soldiers dying was pathetic but i did like the way they gave u lots of space to roam. biggrin.gif

well FANJ
    I'm not God, so I don't deciede who gets to die on that Saturday
    I'm sorry I didn't show up
    or didn't post any mesage, but I was really looking forward to going...
    I might be there this Friday though
    with Kastro

Advertisement