Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

slane - the unconfirmed details

Options
  • 28-01-2003 6:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭

Headlining will be the Chili Peppers with support from.... Metallica

apparently

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

ummm... thats different..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Tom182

WHAT!!!!! NO BELLE AND SEBASTIAN...........

TYRRIAL WILL BE SOOOOOO DISAPPOINTED....

Not to worry.there's another 8 months to go:D :D

Hey don't worrie about me it always cheers me up when i think that mindless people like you can some how flote around this world for years before being killed by your own stupidity...

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Sir

Tom 182 appears to be immune to his own stupidity. Unfortuantely the rest of us are not so lucky. As many of the ladies from the origianal phantom pub crawl will testify....
    Hopefully his system will adapt and become intolerant to his STUPID ways. Dont worry Tyrrial his time will come

Soon!! OH please God Let it be soon!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Slane really doesnt hold the same appeal anymore the past 4/5years have been absolutely dire

I reckon ill only be makin the trip to Meath for one gig this year where i intened to get very drunk and very muddy....

With tents....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

This year, I have made two New year Resolutions. They are as follows:

1) No matter what, I will buy a two day ticket for witnness. I always get a free ticket for one day, and spend the day I missed complaining and wishing I was there. This year, I go for both days. No excuses.

2) I will never, ever attend Slane and its bad parking and crowd control ever again. I will sit and home and nail my toes to the wall sooner than go again.*

unless of course, someone amazing plays. This does not look likely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Sir

Rather ironic that Amz should post after my earlier comment.....

Yeah Slane is gone to the dogs I mean

The Verve
    Robbie Wiliams
    Brian Adams
    U2
    Stereophonics

I'd rather go listen to my next door neighbour playin his mandolin to be honest.

a) Its Free
    b) loadsa parking
    c) decent crowd control (i dont get too rowdy in other peoples living rooms so its not usually a problem)
    d) decent food and alcoholic beverages ( i dont like paying through the nose for piss beer which has been watered down so its not really beer anymore. It has become beer coloured water. Or Pseudo beer as it has become affectionately known in these parts)

That makes me a sad panda!

So Sir.... you selling tickets?
    i'll give you... a Euro and pocket lint...
    with 4 easy monthly payments you'll be spending the Euro in no time!

Advertisement