Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pes 2

Options
  • 28-01-2003 7:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

Pro evolution soccer 2 the best soccer game ever!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

all true, kicks the **** outta fifa

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

Best modern soccer game was FIFA 98: Road to the World Cup.

Best overall one is Sensible Soccer. Nothing comes close.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Spiffing

Originally posted by DiscoStu

That was CRAP. The goalies would dive down on the ball which would be slowly rolling towards them. Though the indoors football did rock.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

FIFA:RTWC was ****e. World Cup '98 was probably the best FIFA game ever made.

And wasn't it '97 that had the indoor matches?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Sensible was indeed brilliant but PES2 is by far the best footie game ever made.
    As for FIFA 98? LOL.LOL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭mfield

Winning Eleven Final Evolution is better again! It's the latest Japanese version of the game! Flippin excellent!

mfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

i got pes2 just after it came out, i heard great reviews etc.
    personally i dont like it, ive playd fifa on the gamecube and i prefer.
    I find it very difficult to control the ball when taking free kicks or even shooting. you've not visual indication or where the ball is going to go. maybe if you're looking for a realistic soccer game, pes2 is tops but as for being fun and playable i dont think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

PES2 does indeed own the fook outta any football game ever made.. :)

as for free kicks, once you get used to them you can score a fair few crackers.

fifa is crap and ISS/PES blew it outta the water after the fifa mega drive version. Ive never went back to fifa to this day, tried it but its still a pile of gumph... (lookie me i can run from my own 5 yard box to other side of pitch and score..)

you get so much more silky play in pes its unreal, you gotta play as a team, knock it about etc..

p.s sensible soccer was fookin class in its day ;)

and as for regards to "This Is Football"

town1.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Galvatron

Played this football once and i keept getting sent off for diving so **** that.Fifa 98 RTWC was the last fifa i bought and i don't intend to buy a fifa again.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Whats this about FIFA: Return To Castle Wolfenstein? Don't be so silly.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭Greenbean

Have to nod my head to the sentiments in this thread. Pes2 best footy game I've played. Sensible soccer holds a dear place in my heart.. and I think I probably had the same amount of fun as with Pes2, but Pes2 has finally proved realistic CAN win over unrealistic, that edges it ahead. Fifa is improving.. but I think it should stick to the niche its got, "arcade soccer".

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Konami have always made the best soccer games since ISS deluxe on the snes. EA have been playing catch up ever since.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I own Pro Ev 2 and I've played Fifa 2003.
    Fifa 2003 is so crap it's not funny, it's a little better than 2002 but not much. I hadnt played FIFA in a couple of years but by half time I was already winning 9-0. All you have to do is run straight through every player and the keeper wont save your shots at all.
    Pro Ev on the other hand is fantastic. You have to pass, in fact it's all about realism, if you hit a shot full power it will fly over the bar unlike in fifa where it will go in every time. It takes skill and practice to win in Pro Ev and the computer is much tougher to beat than in FIFA.
    It has a few flaws though, I think they made a few players too good in the game, for example Beckham is too good at free kicks, and they made the English team too strong.
    Personally, Italy are my team of choice, Del Peiro and Veiri arent the greatest strikers in the game but Totti is unreal and I would be lost without him in my Masters League team. Also the defence is second to none imo, Cannavaro, Nesta and Maldini with Buffon in goals, very nice.
    In fact that's almost like my Masters League team sub Walter Samuel for Maldini and Dutruel for Buffon.
    That's another thing Pro Ev has over Fifa, the masters league is great fun, because it's actually a league where you can get relegated/promoted and it's a European league rather than domestic.
    Atm I'm in my third season with Barcelona and I'm in the 1st Division, currently coming first ahead of Man Utd. It's great fun, but I've been playing on normal level which is getting a bit easy beacuase I'm pissing all over everyone. Time to move to hard even though it is a lot harder than normal.
    Oh and when you play against people it's so much better than any other football game. The satisfaction is much greater when you hockey someone because it's such a harder game to play.
    Anyway, I've gone on way too long.
    IMO the best fifas were International and 99. FIFA 99 was the last one I bought and it's the one I got really good at. All other FIFAs are poo.
    Sensible Soccer was fantastic alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Galvatron

Im moving up 2 hard in the next few days even though i lost my 36 game unbeaten run to Barca last nite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

Is PES 2 much better than the origanl PES which was by far the best footy game ever(played it to death and still comin back for more)(Used to like FIFFA but the last decentt one was on the megadrive FIFFA 95 origanal and best once played for 37 hours whit stoppin).Need to know did they fix the cliches about the past players ability's that was annoying.Van basten on the same par as niall quinn yes right .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

Is PES 2 much better than the origanl PES which was by far the best footy game ever(played it to death and still comin back for more)(Used to like FIFFA but the last decentt one was on the megadrive FIFFA 95 origanal and best once played for 37 hours whit stoppin).Need to know did they fix the cliches about the past players ability's that was annoying.Van basten on the same par as niall quinn yes right .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

Originally posted by DiscoStu

ah ya totally agree with that, it got messed up after that one, best gameplay for multiplayer too.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭dougal

Dunno if it's just me but I don't see much difference between PES2 and the original.
    There are a few new options but the gameplay seems to be tweaked but nothing special.

They fixed up some of the players abilities.
    Made them slightly more realistic. Roberto Carlos has been slowed down, in the first one there was no way to catch when he got the ball, at least now you can.
    I dont have pes1 so I dunno what all the features were, but iI think the Umbro training thing in pes2 is new.
    Actually that's another thing Pro Ev has that FIFA doesnt.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭TheWarden

Now that I have Winning Eleven 6 Final Evolution I can't play PES2 anymore. There's no going back. It's the little differances. Get WE6FE and patch in english, real strips and crowd chants (most robbed from Fifa2003!). Nice.

www.evo-web.co.uk has loads of stuff on it.

Has anybody tried Masters League on extreme?
    I think it's time I started a new game after my reserve team beat Juventus 7-0 on hard in Division 1. Also I'm currently on a 70 + game winning streak.
    The problem is you cant move up to extreme from an existing game, you have to start all over again, and because you cant sign players straight away you have to use the crappy team at the start. So I can see myself playing at least 2 seasons in Div3 before I can progress and hopefully I wont have run out of points. Good thing I've unlocked nearly all the players otherwise I'll have no points due to transfer fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Has anybody tried Masters League on extreme?
    I think it's time I started a new game after my reserve team beat Juventus 7-0 on hard in Division 1. Also I'm currently on a 70 + game winning streak.

7-0 against juventus?!? 70+ streak?! all on extreme

Pull the other one...

I think it's time I started a new game after my reserve team beat Juventus 7-0 on hard in Division 1

read properly :)

extreme for masters league is the way to go, ive been doing it on extreme for quite a bit now and its more exciting, and more of a challenge

Advertisement