Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

more relationship stuff....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Sounds like you both want to be together but are trying your damndest to find reasons why not to.

I guess the question is... Do you want to live now, or do you want to live tomorrow?

If the answer is now why not give each other a second chance, if tomorrow - why not move on but try hard to remain friends as there is obviously some reason you are meant to be in each others lives one way or another.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Ah bless, this is so sweet. It sounds like a big lack of communication problem to me, but sweet pea, it sounds like he's making all the effort to go over and see you, when you wanted to meet up with him did you want him to come over to you? Why can't you meet him someplace, it's not fair on him expecting to drive all that way when he's a skint student.

Guys, heart! :-D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

But really, as I explained in Flucked's thread, staying out of contact with each other for a while might make you realise how much you both really love each other... or vise versa! Maybe this should be given ago.

Then come back here a couple of weeks later and tell us how you've gotten on!

In all honesty, I think your both slowly splitting up for really silly reasons, and I think you should get over it, and get back to shaggin' or whatever!

Merc, I wouldn't go that far tbh.

:) <-Merc

So: Sweatpea and flucked... Are we going to have the first PI do-a-date/rent-a-second-chance meetup or what? I mean - I want to be Cilla Black here! I want to wear a hat y'know :)

What's the story - are you going to heart or are you going to part?* ;)

(*see - I have my quirky catchphrase now!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Originally posted by Anastasia
    Logic - did she know wot he was up to all those nites/times she never saw him??

Yes she did. He told her he wasn't up to anything. She should have trusted him.

If you don't have trust in a relationship you have nothing.

.logic.

Bloody unregi's. I can't send Flucked a PM, so everything I say to him his GF has to see it too! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Merc - Do you farm horses? And post a pic here so we can see what this mysterious young buck from tyrone with the radical advice looks like

Originally posted by Oeneus
    Bloody unregi's. I can't send Flucked a PM, so everything I say to him his GF has to see it too! :rolleyes:
    I could have sworn I saw flucked say how he was trying to be as honest as possible to sweetpea's mind, maybe he isn't being honest enough by not posting as his real nick? Hey, I'm just theoreticising.

Merc & etho_ I'm sure you have loads to pm about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I'd post with my registered account only it would have complications...lets just say the boards is a family thing where everyone goes!

I'm trying to get her out tonight, its not looking great but the one thing thats kept me going all this time is "he who dares rodney!!, he who dares!!"

fluc.

You haven't been listening to a single thing I've said have you!

Leave her Be For Christsake! Give her some damn space! :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Oeneus
    You haven't been listening to a single thing I've said have you!

Leave her Be For Christsake! Give her some damn space! :rolleyes:

I think he's saying she needs to be crowded. But I'm not 100%

.logic.

god, it's mad i go to work for the day minus my computer and miss all that's being said!!

well himself has been texting me all day and has been tryin to get my out but i have declined!! not cause i dont want to more a case of i cant! but that's another story!

n e wayz....
    Originally posted by eth0_
    it sounds like he's making all the effort to go over and see you, when you wanted to meet up with him did you want him to come over to you? Why can't you meet him someplace, it's not fair on him expecting to drive all that way when he's a skint student.

let's just say i tried to meet up with him on several occasions but he always had something else planned so in the end i thought f*ck it, if he wants me he knows where i am!!

aside from all that i'm sick of fighting, i'm glad we're back in contact but he knows that that does not mean we're getting back together right now!!

as for him not posting his registered name,i'm thankful for that cause he knows i appreciate it (and didnt even have to be told!!) u should just stop being so nosey!!! and even though i have to read wot you all say to him, i think that's better cause there shouldnt be n e secrets so to speak!!!
    Originally posted by Gordon

So: Sweatpea and flucked... Are we going to have the first PI do-a-date/rent-a-second-chance meetup or what? I mean - I want to be Cilla Black here! I want to wear a hat y'know

i need "our graham" here!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Mewzel

im just gonna say good luck to yis. im sure you can both sort something out even if it is just a way to remain friends :)

• Advertisement

Story...Last night we were txtin away like, great craic tlkin about future and messin about and stuff, it really felt like headway was being made, i was so happy like things were looking good for us again...i got up today and she was txtin away to me and me bak to her like and that went on most of today...still with the happy feelin, thinkin of the future right?

Tonight she txt me all upset, i tried ringing her she wouldn't answer so i txt and asked wot was wrong she said her head was in a mess and she didn't know wot she wanted that she had a bad feelin.

I told her that there would be something wrong if she didn't feel kinda weird about all this...I guess she's still just afraid of getting hurt like. But the way i look on things is that this could be so good like better than ever and if we don't give it a chance we could both miss out on the most important opportunity we might ever get. I want to give it a trial period, start off with a friendship no physical stuff....build things up.

If you don't love like your never going to get hurt then you might as well not love at all.

The last txt she sent there was that she needs time to get her head together, i said i'd give her time and to txt me when she's ready, she txt back askin if i was mad, i said no, she txt askin if i was hurt i said im gettin used to it, she txt back sayin im better without her. Everytime things look up i get the door walloped in my face...

Not having her hurts so much...

fluc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭DriftingRain

Just reading all this!!! Poor love birds...Never give up on the ones you love, they will come around eventually. Being apart makes the heart grow fonder, even if you think it will kill you! Good Luck mates! :(

I'm not going to give up but i'm not txtin again...i'll leave her to do her thinking...i've spent last 3/4 weeks off my head didn't know what i was doing or where i was. Lst night was the first night i felt good again, now its taken away again

How do you make someone see whats so blatantly obvious infront of them?

.culf

The bad part is can't make someone "see what's in front of them"! You can only sit back till the fire gets just right for toastin a marsmellow so to speak. You have to wait till she feels ready to give you back that trust that you won't hurt her again. If she is hurting as she says than you must giver her time, i am not saying to just shut off a connection, just try to be her friend, and don't be to pushy. When the time is right like that fire then make the move.

I suppose your right, im in the "i want to break stuff" mood now feck all i can do, but it really feels like she doesn't want me and that is a feeling that just cant be described...

The txtin yesterday was unreal like, i was so sure things were looking good again...like she asked if i wanted anyone else, i said no and she didnt either the convo went on like that we tlked about the future and we could both see a really bright one like as far forward as anyone could...she had the same feelings as me it felt like.

Tonight a complete change of heart.

*Advice for anyone reading this in a relationship: Tell them you love them, ring them now, tell them how you feel about them, don't let this happen you cuz its the biggest bugger of all time!

Time for another sleepless night

fluc.

I am glad I was able to help a little. Remember...REAL FRIENDSHIPS last forever. Best to be friends before lovers anyhow...Try to look on the brighter side of things it will make you feel better.... Good Luck to ya dear!

Originally posted by flucked
    Story...Last night we were txtin away like, great craic tlkin about future and messin about and stuff, it really felt like headway was being made, i was so happy like things were looking good for us again...i got up today and she was txtin away to me and me bak to her like and that went on most of today...still with the happy feelin, thinkin of the future right?

Tonight she txt me all upset, i tried ringing her she wouldn't answer so i txt and asked wot was wrong she said her head was in a mess and she didn't know wot she wanted that she had a bad feelin.

I told her that there would be something wrong if she didn't feel kinda weird about all this...I guess she's still just afraid of getting hurt like. But the way i look on things is that this could be so good like better than ever and if we don't give it a chance we could both miss out on the most important opportunity we might ever get. I want to give it a trial period, start off with a friendship no physical stuff....build things up.

If you don't love like your never going to get hurt then you might as well not love at all.

The last txt she sent there was that she needs time to get her head together, i said i'd give her time and to txt me when she's ready, she txt back askin if i was mad, i said no, she txt askin if i was hurt i said im gettin used to it, she txt back sayin im better without her. Everytime things look up i get the door walloped in my face...

Not having her hurts so much...

fluc.

Can you just reply and confirm that you have read my posts because I don't think you listened to a single thing I've advised you to do!

I could see from the beginning that all she needed was time alone to think about things. I told you. But you still kept "txting" her and so on. And now you only decide to do this when she actually points it out to you that she wants time alone! Man, progress with this is going to be slow! :o

(/me gives thread 5 star rating ;))

Guys stop with your texting crap and your thinking and thinking and postulating and head wrecking.

If you want to meet up with the other person - go round and bring a picnic and ask if they want to come out somewhere to eat food with you. Someone be a real man or a real woman about it.

If you don't want to meet up then don't meet up - forget about it - it's not going to work. Maybe in the future you will be good friends but right now it's just not going to work.

What day never comes?
    tomorrow

Today is always here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Originally posted by Gordon

If you want to meet up with the other person - go round and bring a picnic and ask if they want to come out somewhere to eat food with you. Someone be a real man or a real woman about it.

I agree completely.

You'd have to be a real man to ask someone to come on a picnic with you in this weather.

Gordon, sometimes you're so french, from the top of your little gay fluffily sculpted hairdo to the toes of your little gay converse runners, with the bump in the middle of your little gay shoulder bag.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Minesajackdaniels

Gordon, sometimes you're so french, from the top of your little gay fluffily sculpted hairdo to the toes of your little gay converse runners, with the bump in the middle of your little gay shoulder bag.

What are you trying to say here?

.logic.

Advertisement