Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freespace 2

Options
  • 16-01-2001 11:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭

i just got a saitek cyborg gold joy stick and ive nothing to play on it.
    does anybody have a copy of freespace 2 i can borrow, rent, purchase off them.
    im in dublin so let me no.
    ive a million and 1 games at home and will swap somthing for it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

I have a million and 2 games, but I don't have freespace 2, I think I have freespace 1 lying about the place somehwere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Frodo@work

i think i might have to rob jm's copy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Freespace 2 is better with a mouse, for some very odd reason FS1 was better witha joystick

"Respect my Authoratai"

http://www.firstones.com
    www.spacebattles.com
    Net House Games

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Is it me or is it impossible to get the front 4 beam turrets on the beast! You don't carry enough weapons to do it yourself, and can't change your weapon loadout but your wingmen are too fupping stupid to even take out one!

It is impossible, the most I ever got was 3, but I got flattened as the ship jumped frown.gif

• Advertisement

well isn't that a kick in the knickers frown.gif

and I only just started the last CD frown.gif

I'm thinking if I help my wingmen with the fighters they might help with the beam cannon but I haven't the time to be fluffing about with it frown.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

So you finally got it to work Blitz (remembering a post many moons ago).
    I tried that one about 10 times, all sorts of different way - the most I ever managed was 3 (And got out of the way just in time), it's easy to take the other one on the next mission so don't worry about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I got 3 with loads of time left i just called in the support ship in as soon as i entered the mission and loaded up when i went low on missiles but had to destroy the fighters before i got to take out the 4th beam cannon only had 14% hull integrity

Draffodx
    Out of desparition courage is born

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

*SPOILER*
    Did anyone get through the last mission where you in capella and the santhanas are circuling the sun and cause it to explode and you have to race to the jump node to clear the explosion?
    no matter what i do i always end up getting caught in the shockwave ????

Draffodx
    Out of desparition courage is born

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Frodo@work

just got the game for £15 in game.
    its rather pretty isnt it.
    i like it.
    i like it alot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i think for 20 quid you can get the version with 20 extra missions

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by _CreeD_:
    So you finally got it to work Blitz (remembering a post many moons ago). </font>

lol - yeah, forgot about that. I actually didn't get it to work, I installed in on my new computer and it worked fine. I don't know what the problem with the other one was - same OS, same mouse, etc.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by draffodx:
    *SPOILER*
    Did anyone get through the last mission where you in capella and the santhanas are circuling the sun and cause it to explode and you have to race to the jump node to clear the explosion?
    no matter what i do i always end up getting caught in the shockwave ????

</font>

Yup. Though you have to be a bit ofa coward to do it, no fun.

So, have you all tried StarLancer yet? I think the flight model is better than FS2, has a much better sense of movement for dogfighting. But the AI is useless, the only way you fail missions is to run out of time - and there are WAY too manu kill-the-torpedoe missions. That said you can get into some great dogfights, and using the stealth fighter is class - decloak in the middle of the enemy, kill one or 2, cloak and run around again.

FS2 is still the king...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I prefer the X-Wing series of games myself... X-Wing alliance was fairly good, but TIE-Fighter (collectors cd yoke) will always be the king smile.gif

- Munch
    dogbert.gif

Another version of the collectors "yoke" has been realeased... comes with xwing, tie-fighter and allaince, and a couple of x-wing v tie-fher missions

Unexpected acts of kindness...are common among our group

http://www.firstones.com
    www.spacebattles.com
    Net House Games

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I hear they remade X-Wing and TIE-Fighter (NOT X-Wing Vs TIE Fighter now) in the XvT engine... ie, half-decent graphics using Windows+DirectX... might re-buy TIE Fighter smile.gif

yeah their pretty good, but if you dont have a joystick you, cant play

Sry, hated XvT with a vengeance (But then I hate using a joystick for anything - GPolice and Starlancer where the only 2 I bothered to use one with).

The updated Xwing, and Tiefighter versions were on the gold edition. They used the D3D patched XvT engine (The original XvT was Direct Draw only, the patch speeds it up a little, but not much)

ReaveR.gif

Advertisement