Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tycho Brae

Options
  • 28-01-2003 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Folks,

Anyone know what The Tycho Brae were called before they were Tycho Brae? They sound vaguely like The Plague Monkeys from about 8-9 years ago, but I'm not sure if its them.

Anyone got any info on them, like where they're from, how to get their current CD, even what the current CD is?!

Any info appreciated!!!

Bazza

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Two of the members of the plague monkeys are in them along with diarmuid mc dirmudia(splelling is probably wrong) from the jimmy cake.
    I think one of the members is from palmerstown as the street sign features in the vidio for half mast.
    The cd is called this is the tycho brae and is advailable in road records.
    Altough when i went there I was told they were sold out and as the guy who gives the the cd's was on his honneymoon I would have to wait two weeks. which means they should be in stock by the end of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭bazza

Derek D you are a fountain of knowledge! Good man - I'll have to give Road Records a shout then.

Have to say they (Tycho Brae that is) sound really good. Lots of potential. Haven't come across the video though - where did you see it?

Bazza

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

It was on no disco the band dont feature just a bunch of stills.

There was also an interview with one of the members one week.

I am looking foward to getting the album been meaning to get it for ages. But im a cheap student

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

It's the Tycho Brahe

http://www.thetychobrahe.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭the66electric

I had to look all over town for that ****ing album. Tower and Road didn't have it so i had to buy the only copy i could, in HMV.

Smashing, just smashing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭sodiumlightbaby

Don't know if they know it but there's an australian band of the same name going since mid 90's....i saw their (dublin band) cd in tower before xmas.....

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭bazza

Thanks for your replies one and all. The web site was a good find. Never thought of putting 'THE' in the domain name! ;-)

Advertisement