Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bandwidth throttling under windows?

Options
  • 28-01-2003 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

Hey ,

Anyone know if its possible to limit/throttle ip bandwitdh under windows? apparently this can be done in linux? I want to share my adsl over 2.4ghz but only let out like half of the 1mb line...

Any sugestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Yeah linux supports this with kernel 2.4 There is a howto detailing it I think. Have a look at www.netsoc.ucd.ie/LDP for the QOS howto.

I recall seeing QOS options on Win2000 server last time I installed it, but have never done anything with it.
    Maybe some more info here.

http://search.winnetmag.com/query.html?col=faq&qt=qos

Gav

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Synkro

thanks for that.....

PS.

Dont suppose you know what the story is with the adsl service from ADSLNOW.ie or ViaNetworks.ie

Im signing up for adsl with eircom, but is it likely that the above will have better prices?/contention ratio? surely they're just resellers, or will they endevaur to go where eircom couldnt be bothered?

Will give them a buzz tomorrow..... funny thing is that i already enquired bout adsl availablity with both via and adslnow and they said the line failed, but it passed with eircom....

Stange eh!........

Advertisement