Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CTYI people

Options
  • 29-01-2003 1:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭

all the post CTYI people that i've know are arrogant, egotistical, selfish, and have no respect for people who MAY not in their eyes reach their academic “righteousness”.

Question:
    are there any sane people in the CTYI program?

no effence intended...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ll=llannah

sane? . . . sane? . . . who wants to be associated with sane people? :confused:

but, anyhoo....methinks it depends on your definition of 'sane.'

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Personally i'd say you've just had bad experiences. How many have you known?

And obviously there are no sane people here. but here you're comparing sanity to the attributes you found the CTYI'ers you found arrogant etc. to have. so yes, in your opinion there are sane people here, in the psychiatric profession there arent :)

Em, yeah, you probably got the bad end of the stick. or just got a bad impression of them. I know some lovely people who on first impression were buttmonkeys and vice versa. And btw, in what way do you mean arrogant etc?

Btw, this is gonna elicit so many crap posts :) I can already guess the flamers. though you probably should've phrased it slightly better as now its most likely gonna be labelled as a flame of us all...*meep*

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

Question:
    are there any sane people in the CTYI program?
    The trousers will avenge the shoes that spoke of the penguin stealing the Linux.
    Compose vehicle
    special
    banana
    nine. (who knows what poem this is from?)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭SOL

The answer is 7 clearly and yeah woot, go away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Mewzel

i have met **** loads of CTYI people. and i dont agree that they are ALL pretentious twats, i do have one friend who is a CTYIer who's quite nice........ but then he's also the one CTYIer i know who hates all other CTYIers..... plus he is self confessedly pretentious.....
    so i guess the real question is: how exactly do CTYIers manage to get their heads so far up their own hole?

:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭Sev

Tyrrial... are you retarded?

No "effence" intended...

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭purplepolkadot

i'm sane :D
    by my own definition
    and when i was there i only met about five suspect head-twitching people who rock back and forth.
    leave us alone
    i like us
    and please don't descend into petty insults anybody, or i'll break your face.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭SOL

Good work Ste, now I shall continue to sit on this rather comfortable pedistle you have made for us, CTYIers....
    Lallalalala :p:p:p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭strawberry

CTYI doesn't give people a sense of 'academic righteousness', you either have it or you don't. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Anyone who calls another general group of people arseholes in a stereotypical way is the only true arsehole around. I'm just waiting for the satirical comments to start rolling in, but remember, I'm in the war FOR the CTYI board this time!

By the way, anyone who uses the word "righteousness" in relation to academia is a dumbass!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ll=llannah

ok, so some pple don't like us. boohoo.
    just let it be, ok guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Well its kinda unfair to generalise, dontcha know!
    For example Cormac close to that, while grace is nothing like that, course then again, its Cormac :)
    And you havn't met Knives, or Curtis as some people call him, he is like the slickest dude ever

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

Originally posted by Tyrrial
    academic “righteousness”.

I don't know what that means. Does that mean I haven't got it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

I think it should be kept in perspective.

For one the tests used to measure 'academic ability' are culturally subjective, as opposed to objective.

Secondly many, many people in fact most people don't ever get to sit the test for CTYI, so the elitism that some ascribe to the 'talented' is again something that has to be kept in perspective.

That said this

all the post CTYI people that i've know are arrogant, egotistical, selfish, and have no respect for people who MAY not in their eyes reach their academic “righteousness”.

is just bumpf.

Make sweeping generalisations about groups of people much? Granted some people with not much experience of the world may hold their heads in the clouds, but, I'd say by the time 'most' CTY people hit 18ish, real-life (tm) has shattered many to most illusions that all but a few people anywhere on this planet 'care' that nerd (x) has been to CTY.

That doesn't stop me pimping my CV with my CTYI accolades though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭shep the malevolent pixie

yay, accolades.

...don't mind me, i'm just spamming. :D

but the guy who said the thing has GIR as his avatar...that's always good. :rolleyes:
    sHep :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Mewzel

"Tyrrial... are you retarded?
    No "effence" intended..."

never heard of dyslexia then? i do believe this is the exact pretentiosness previously mentioned. spa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭sisob

pah, we're just better than you ;)

Seriously, the whole of CTYI is an in joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Oh look, poor little idiot boy wants to go "wah wah" because he feels threatened by his superiors. Is that arrogant enough or do you want me to try?

Oh and I'm not actually fighting back. I was originally going to just call everyone stupid and tell them to shut up but i think this way is funnier. Isn't it idiot boy? Or are you having trouble understanding?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Oh and before you start getting all pedantic over the whole nitpicking, ste isn't a ctyier. he's a commoner. Or as i like to think of them, "scum".

Fúcking peasants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alaskagirl

WAIT!!!!

all y'all better stop bickering. its not nice. Tyrrial, it was NOT nice to say mean things about other people. All of you other people, its not nice to say mean things back. You should try to be the more mature peopl and resolve this without sh1tslinging.

But if you DO have to be mean... then I have to say that there are a multitude of perfectly wonderful people involved with CTYI, whether they are sane or not. Gee, even if you think we ARE all insane, we're still wonderfully fun. And I say CTYI rules. Forever.

Oh, and guys, give the kid a LITTLE credit, his signature is from Donnie Darko. Jake Gyllenhaal is sooooooo hot.

And guys 'n gals, please don't make fun of me if i spelled or typed something wrong. I'm just too tired and lazy to read over this again. Okeydoke? Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭strawberry

Sven! Tisk. Ste is wonderful. We like Ste.

Text me if you're in town tomo at lunch time.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭stickinikki

k well ive only been once..and that was 3 years ago..but im gonna share my two cents anyway..
    there's loads of pretentious bastards in CTYI , who have their head so far shoved up their ass that they probably want to do a report on it too, but theres an equal amount of really sound, down-to-earth people there too..you just have to avoid the former..

i agree with foobar, you probably just had a bad experience

Originally posted by Mewzel
    never heard of dyslexia then? i do believe this is the exact pretentiosness previously mentioned. spa

I guess it wasnt too clear in the first place, let me repeat..
    Are you retarded?

Firstly.. I am in no way affiliated with CTYI, never went there, I just happen to have a few friends who did the course. So therefore 'that' was not the aforementioned pretentiousness referring to CTYI students, but my own personal response to such a 'retarded' post. Not particularly the most PC choice of word, but I feel it best expresses my disdain.

You didnt think I was simply replying with such venom to point out his spelling error? Im not that cheap. But in a sense, it was just a cheap dig.. which was exactly the sole purpose of his post in the first place.

So tell me, what is the purpose of this thread? What gives him the right to post such crap on this board? what kind of response does he expect? How stupid do you have to be to make a post like this on the CTYI forum?

The only reason he made it was out of spite. It just felt good to stand up on a pedestal for once and openly slag an entire population on their own forum and hide it in the form of an innocent question and then finish his post with "no (o)ffence intended". Like how ima-fking-ture is that? What is that supposed to mean?

Take a look at my reply, again.

Btw.. its "pretentiousness".. god I love doing that, keep digging.

Oh and I forgot to mention... No offence intended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Zachary Taylor

Go Ste

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

Well... i asked if everyone that went to CTYI was pretentious basicly... and i really don't Know if indeed EVERYONE that went is pretentious.... I DO KNOW...

everyone i know are and most people that posted here proved my point... trying to simply right me off as "Idiot boy" (yeah lordsippa very righteous...understand that word?)

please could one of you prove me wrong?
    i really never expected to have my point proven by the childish actions of some of the posters
    so i guess the real question is: how exactly do CTYIers manage to get their heads so far up their own hole?

thats a good question...

Thats all well and good, but it doesnt explain why you had to start this drivel in the first place?

Oh.. and if it seems for a minute that certain members of the CTYI elite were somewhat scornful or arrogant in their replies, it was only because you provoked this response.

You'd want to re-evaulate your own attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

If you don't like me, or these other good people, get the f*ck off our boards and go back to your bitter, meaningless, pathetic excuse for a life, which seems to consist of insulting people you think think they are better than you, and therefore losing. So you've dug your own grave when you thought you dug ours

Who said he was dyslexic? You are a jackass! If he's dyslexic, how did he manage to spell every other word in his post perfectly? I know dyslexic people, now let him dig his own grave. Dig your own somewhere else. We don't want you here.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Aliminator

Whoa!
    u guys need to chill. relax. or i'll some girl to give u's the twist and pull, that oughta calm u's down.
    u girls (if any are feuding) need to take ur period pills.
    No, my head isn't shoved yae far up my ass.
    CTYI ppl aren't pretentious pricks (tho the above stuff doesn't really show it) (well, u try frikn 6th year in a shag-ass skool that's doing **** all!!)
    point of msg? none really.
    eXCPET! CTYI ROX DA PARTY ANY DAY OF ANY WEEK PERIOD!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭qwidgybo

Originally posted by Mewzel

years of ballet have increased my flexibility....

seriously,though,you meet a combination of pricks and nice people no matter where you go,CTYI included.some people at CTYI think they're better than others because of their intelligence,just like johnny"look at me,i'm so gorgeous" thinks he's better than everyone else because girls like him,or sinead"watch me prance around" thinks she's better than everyone else cos she won the all-ireland dance dealie.CTYI is no better or worse than any other organisation,community,group,other.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

Originally posted by Aliminator
    Whoa!
    u guys need to chill. relax. or i'll some girl to give u's the twist and pull, that oughta calm u's down.
    u girls (if any are feuding) need to take ur period pills.
    No, my head isn't shoved yae far up my ass.
    CTYI ppl aren't pretentious pricks (tho the above stuff doesn't really show it) (well, u try frikn 6th year in a shag-ass skool that's doing **** all!!)
    point of msg? none really.
    eXCPET! CTYI ROX DA PARTY ANY DAY OF ANYWEEK PERIOD!!

Oh my god...your spelling.....do you have some sort of disease?

And what's a party period? I get the feeling I really dont want to know:confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement