Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freeloader.....At Last?

Options
  • 29-01-2003 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭

Looks like the Freeloader may actually be released (stop s******ing at the back) this time. Datel are making positive noises and Play have a release date of Feb 7th.
    http://www.playserver5.com/play247.asp?page=search&adudisc=y

I still have no idea how it is going to work tho'... Will there be disc swapping? Will it load a program into memory? Will there be any problems playing American Games on a PAL Tellie? Anyone know?

Hmmm, all i said was s n i g g e r i ng. Wonder why it was blanked out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Work out the letters being censored (Begins with a 'n' and ends in a 'r')

You boot your gamecube with the freeloader. It will load, and pop up a message on screen saying "insert game disc now" or words to that effect. Take out the freeloader disc, and put in the game disc.

Hope it is finally released.... I'd order it with Zelda! :)

- Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Ahhhh, i must be a little slow today.
    If it does come out, Animal Crossing would have to be up at the top of my list. I think i can wait for Zelda......just.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Yep - Animal Crossing it top of my List also.

I wouldn't hold my Breath though - Amazon also have a release date on Feb 7th (I think)

Anyhow - I wouldn't hold my breath at all - here's the Offical FAQ for Freeloader :

Click here

The main point in the FAQ is this :
    "We've seen various release dates across the net, and although most retailers are trying to guess the launch date in good faith, we must stress that you should ONLY trust the official announcements that you read here at www.codejunkies.com"

M.

Looking at the forums on codejunkies.com now. There will be an official announcement on Jan31st along with a new FAQ.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Originally posted by mbroaders
    Hmmm, all i said was s n i g g e r i ng. Wonder why it was blanked out.

Yeah, for some reason the swear filter blocks out most of the word sniggering. I mentioned this before but nothing can be done about it, it seems.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

EG have a little article up about it so maybe it's for real this time.

http://www.eurogamer.net/news.php?id=22324

Yup, Its real alright :):)

from www.codejunkies.com

FreeLoader, the revolutionary import game player for GameCube, is to start shipping worldwide on Wednesday 5th February.
    Priced at just £19.99, Datel's FreeLoader lets you play any GameCube game from around the world...on any GameCube console! Using FreeLoader you can now, for example, easily play Japanese or U.S. games on any European GameCube console.

Just imagine...at last you can play Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, Metroid Prime, Animal Crossing and many other fantastic games that haven't been released in Europe!

If you’re one of the many gamers that bought an imported GameCube console and you now want to play games from your own country, then FreeLoader is also ideal for this task. Whichever way you use FreeLoader, no modifications to your console are needed and your console’s warranty is kept intact.

Despite using complex proprietary technology, FreeLoader couldn't be easier to use. Simply load up the FreeLoader disc, then swap it with your import game disc. That's all there is to it! In a few second your import game will load. It works on both PAL and NTSC consoles, and you don't even need an NTSC compatible TV set to play NTSC games!

We recommend you always buy a game designed for your own region wherever possible due to language differences and extra features, etc. However there will be occasions when you simply can’t obtain a game, or are not prepared to wait many months for a foreign title to be released in your region. In these cases, FreeLoader is your passport to playing any game, from any country, on any GameCube.

You can order FreeLoader direct from us now, and we will send it to you as soon as possible. Or if you'd prefer to wait, FreeLoader will soon be on sale in all good video game stores.

Note: please be patient when waiting for your order, as we have many, many customer pre-orders to fulfill which do take priority. We will endeavour to send your FreeLoader as soon as we can, but it may take a few days to receive your order.

FreeLoader's advanced technology is also included in our new cheat code system for GameCube, Action Replay, which retails at £29.99 and includes over thousands of codes for European, American and Japanese games. With Action Replay you can gain infinite health and ammo, unlock hidden bonus games and characters, and much, much more.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Brerrabbit

hmmmnnn after this huge wait it seems too good to be true (It may come out in time for me to take adantage of the zelda pre-order thingummy) but my question is; During the time freeloader spent in developmental limbo was its release date ever posted on the codejunkies website (i.e could we be in for another round of delays?)

If it is true then its about time; I was this close (little "small" gesture) from dumping the frigging box.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Mthor5

seeing as the action replay is only a £1 dearer than freeloader @play.com,would there be much difference in the load up times?
    as i dont really intend on using it for cheats but if its only a £1 dearer might as well get it....

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Nice one.... Freeloader has shipped!

http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/54/29186.html

- Dave.

• Advertisement
Advertisement