Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most Interesting Threads

Options
  • 29-01-2003 1:05pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I was just browsing around the boards, and was at a loss as to what board to click on. Then I thought it might be a good idea to have a list of what other users think are interesting threads.

When they read a thread they can select a level of interest from 1 - 5. Then you can select a page from the menu that display's the most interesting threads in the last hour, or something to that extent.

I haven't exactly thought about it much but I'll leave that to the people in charge :)

Slaan.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Suppose it's the same theory as the virgin threads query on the database but it would require people to rate threads which is rarely done.

How about a search on the most frequently viewed per amount of time open? Entitled "Most viewed" maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Isn't that the same as the "Rating" thingy?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

Yeah but you only see the rated threads when you view a particular forum. I'm talking something like "Latest Threads" except these would be "Most Interesting".

Slaan.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Well that would actually require people to vote on the interestingness of the thread. And Ratings while it does get used isn't exactly uninversal. And then there's the..zzzzzzzzzzz.z.zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

/me sleeps soundly

Advertisement