Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Berger wants out

• 29-01-2003 2:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭

Patrick Berger admits he will leave the pool at teh end of his contract this season.

I cant say I blame the man. He has had his fair share of injuries so isn't getting the chances he needs. Even if he did GH probably wouldn't see it

Article Here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Old news, he has made it clear that he will be leaving sinc the end of last season. I think that he has been on the transfer list since then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

To my mind he is an example of the kind of player Liverpool should be bringing in not letting go. I think he is a really good player and I would be surprised if he has been that long on the transfer list, although he has had quite a few injuries. Keep Smicer Loose Berger? Someone please explain any logic behind that to me. I think Smicer is probably one of the worst players ever to wear a Liverpool jersey!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

You can't be serious, did you fall asleep for all of those games Phill Babb played for Liverpool ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭peeve

or what about kvarme? he was shocking too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

or what about kvarme? he was shocking too

He's now at Real Sociedad, who are top of the Prima Liga.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭peeve

As is Westerveld :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

Berger, clearly has not played well enough in the last 3 years to justify keeping him on the payroll. Compare him to similar players i.e. left-sided midfielders in the Premiership: Kewell, Pires, Giggs or Duff.
    He has never come close to the quality play of any of those guys.

Best of luck to him all the same, he did get a hat-trick against Chelsea ... and Leicester a few years back.
    :D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

He is as well to go, fine player, just a manger who cannot see it.

I see Diomede did the business at the weekend, fantastic finish.

Actually the number of players who turn out to be better players when the leave scouse is mad.

Friedel
    Westerveld
    Diomede
    Thompson
    Litmanen
    Fowler
    Redknapp
    Babb - ) (only jokin)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I agree 100% with yop.
    Houllier is rapidly turning into a muppet or was he always one.
    He loves Owen who for months now has been ****e to be honest.
    Houllier insists in playing him and that waster Smicer.
    Baros or Mellor would have scored at least one of the chances Owen got tonight against Arsenal.
    Im getting really pissed off with Houlliers tactics,FFS when Liverpool do get down the wings they score but yet GH persists with his players trying to thread the ball through the eye of a needle down the middle,middle and middle again.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Was one dimensional in the first half, puck it up field and hope Owen makes it, Don't know what ye are going to do with GH, I am wondering how long more the board will stick with him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Originally posted by yop
    Actually the number of players who turn out to be better players when the leave scouse is mad.

Fowler

Not really tbh. He was great with Liverpool, maybe not towards the end of his time there but when he was with Rush up front.
    But I agree with you on the others.
    Oh except Litmanen, because he was really good before he joined Liverpool in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

totally agree about all the players who left the pool and started playin well - bar fowler cos he isnt the same player as he was(lack of match pratice) with rushie!!!! Also Owen should be told that he has to fight for his place!! GH said that he left him on the bench to rest him!! we all know its cos he sux!! he's havin a very bad patch!!

Pity bout Berger gonna leave the club but we knew that for ages and id rather see him play for some1 else than be stuck in our reserves!! WHY?? Smicer should be gone this summer too!! thank god!! you mentioned Babb and kvarma, but wat bout biscan!! he sux ass!! he's useless!!

They reckon that if west ham get relegated that GH might renew his interest in Bowyer as he will be a free agent!! which would save us 8 million!! also maybe he might get carrick(Class player - much better than cole!!!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭kamobe

Fernandez would have been a nice signing :/

Advertisement