Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips DVD762

Options
  • 29-01-2003 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭

is there a keypress combo to get region-free on the phililps dvd762?

also does this mess up the dvdplayer (and invalidate the waranty) or will it stiull work as normal?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭ondafly

i recently bought a philips dvd player, plays mp3 etc. Google'd for philips crack, and now it plays all regions (got Signs on dvd last week worked perfect) and also lets u put in a cd of jpgs or gifs and does an auto slideshow

Generally the trick with philips machines is to turn on the dvd player, open the dvd tray - press Zero 4 times, and press angle. and thats its. Lookup vcdhelp.com , they have a list of cracks for all makes and models of dvd machines

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

cheers, i'll give it a shot tonight

although i dont know how i am going to test it as i only have R2 dvd's :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Ondafly ?

What model DVD player do you have ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭ondafly

I've got the philips dvd 634 i think - plays region 1s no probs, watched Signs about a month ago

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭tinofapples

I've got the same one as that and wanna put video whic i've captured from my didtal camcorder onto CD-R's and play on my dvd player , is this possible ?

Any suggestions for as i'm a novice ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

just use Nero and make a VCD or SVCD (its ont of the burning options). And it will work assuimg your DVD can play VCD's... DONT ask us if it can, just read your manual and find out. Or if you lost it.. use google.

Oh and as for the region thing,,, its the same for almost every philips dvd. And i have never heard of the one involving opening the tray. In fact on a fe occasions i posted the procedure or link on the boards so try a search. But it ivolves using a one4all remote and entering a code. Simple enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

No it wont invalidate your warranty as you havent stuck a chip or anything into it. Like Saruman said, most hacks for Philips dvd players need a universal remote. The regular remote hacks can only be done 30 times and then it locks on the last region.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

if you were to use region 0 and it locked would that be ok for playing all regions, ie will it then stick to region free?

Advertisement