Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Humour

• 29-01-2003 5:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭

I see in the humour boards that a lot of people reply to jokes with LOL, Excellent, Quoting a part and then saying love that bit, etc.

I think that jokes should rated in a poll rather than replied with "hahahaha" or "that joke is crap". Here is an example. someone posts a joke, 7 lads reply. One added variations of the joke, thats fine but 6 make comments on the joke being funny.

I think that jokes should be automatically have a poll so if people like/dislike a joke it's there for all to see. I don't see the point of people constantly posting what they think of the joke.

what do others think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Runfree

very valid point.

Can this be done???

RunFree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭roar_ie

I know for a fact you can rate threads. The idea for the humour board was that you could rate the thread based on how funny it was. However it doesn't seem to be applied by many users.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

letting people reply to the posts keeps the posts that have generated the most interest at the top of the list. This means that the good posts are at the top so that we can read them. Also means that the really cr*p ones get loads of abuse, keeping them at the top so that everyone can keep reading them and abusing the poster.

Thats my 2 sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Could the humour boards be set different, for example what ever joke is on top of the list is judged on how long ago it was last rated and its current rating?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭domeara01

yes i agree with runfree but can the voting system be put in place and when

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

The moment your cheque clears domeara01, the moment it clears...

Actually you can rate threads at the moment and you can order the list by clicking on the word RATING (as it the convention adopted for many years and which has widespread use in software).
    That way you get the best rated ones first. It even puts a little arrow to show you which way its sorting them.

Of course if you (plural) had spent a wet day here learning the various ways to use the system rather then running here and demanding "new" features (which you can already avail of) we'd all be happier.

Kharn might post a sticky encouraging people to rate threads, or alternatively if you are offended by the LOL's and *grins* then might I suggest... NOT SCROLLING DOWN.

Surly DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,176 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Originally posted by ballooba
    letting people reply to the posts keeps the posts that have generated the most interest at the top of the list. This means that the good posts are at the top so that we can read them. Also means that the really cr*p ones get loads of abuse, keeping them at the top so that everyone can keep reading them and abusing the poster.

Thats my 2 sense.

LoL! Nice one mate, :)
    keeping them at the top so that everyone can keep reading them and abusing the poster.

Rofl, love that bit :D

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

How funny would a ban be?

Locked.

DeV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement