Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2checkout.com - Online Payments etc

Options
  • 29-01-2003 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Has anyone else out there used this crowd?
    The seem to be pretty good, only $49 to set up & 5.5% after that
    isnt too bad for something thats low value.
    The whole thing happens on their side too so I dont think I'd have
    to worry about securely storing cc details etc on my own site.

Anyone got any experience with them?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Only downside I can see is the billing is done in US$.

I can't speak for anyone but myself, but when I see a european business billing via an obviously US based merchant, I start to wonder why the financial credibillity wasn't sufficient to get them a European credit card processor.

e.g. Worldpay as far as I know will take on most merchants after a few basic credit checks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭misterq

Yeah unless your sales are very small scale, I would recommend WorldPay.

They have a lower transaction charge (4.5%), and also take laser cards. The standard package allows you process payments in Euro, STG or USD.

The big difference in terms of cost is that they charge an annual fee (€ 250).

They don't require a huge amount of information to provide you with an account.

worldpay.cloch.com

PM me if you have any questions.

Regards

Ronan

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Just noticed Worldpay are doind a special offer if you go direct. Perfect timing as we're looking for similar :)

http://www.worldpay.ie

Just in case anyone wonders, no I'm in no way affiliated, just heard good things.

Graham

• Registered Users Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭air

Well the shop is going to be totally new & I've no guarantees that
    I'll make anything out of it so I think I might go with 2checkout.
    Their initial costs are low & I suppose I can always change to worldpay or something similar later on if my volume increases & makes the higher comission at 2checkout a problem.

Am I right in thinking that with a system like these I dont have to
    worry about encrypting any information on my own server?

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭cherrio

Go with 2CheckOut, I have 2 accounts with them and never had trouble. They can send you a cheque or do a wire transfer into your account.

• Advertisement

cheerio,
    have you ever had clients query their billing in US?
    Would you mind giving me the address of your site so I can have a look at it?

They dont actually query you (as the charge appears as a change from "2CheckOut.com Inc"). They contact 2CheckOut and then 2C explains the situation.

PM me your email address (and a good reason why) and I'll send you the url.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I've bought an item off ebay using 2checkout to pay, very easy to use and no annoying setup like paypal has.

I have an account with PayPal as well. Stay away from them.

They will let you signup, but wont let you take your money out (or that was the way when I tried some months back).

2C is the way to go it is a true internet CC gateway way, not a wannbe like PayPal.

2CO have apparently introduced an enhancement whereby the
    customers bill shows something like 2CO.com - SellersAddress.com

I'm not sure if its fully operational yet, but is on the way apparently. Makes it that bit more attractive.

Just wondering, do the cheques they send out come in dollars?
    Any hassle cashing them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by cherrio
    I have an account with PayPal as well. Stay away from them.

They will let you signup, but wont let you take your money out (or that was the way when I tried some months back).

2C is the way to go it is a true internet CC gateway way, not a wannbe like PayPal.

AFAIK you can only receive money via paypal if you're based in North America....that was clearly stated when I signed up to it over a year ago...

I don't know if that feature has been implemented yet.

No hassle cashing the checks, but they do take longer than normal checks to lodge. If you do enough sales it would be worth waiting till you get enough to do a free wire transfer ($1200).

I think now with PayPal, you can get the money lodged into your account if you are a citzen of UK, France or Germany.

Advertisement