Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help, machine freezes

• 29-01-2003 6:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have been having problems with my compaq Deskpro ep series pc, (P3 600, win2k, 64mb ram)

Since installing the Jaton Geforce2 mx 64 mb card, i cannot play fifa 2003, as it locks up when it reaches the menu screen every time.
    Also Insane locks up when i play with T&L enabled.

I tried using the drives that came with the card. I tried Nvidia's latest drivers, and then i tried Jaton's latest drivers too.

That made no difference.

All the tests in DX diag pass, and i am using DX9.

I tried lowering down the hardware accelleration in display properties, but this had no effect.

Can you give me any suggestions?

Regards

Philip

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,016 ✭✭✭✭Stark

dx9 is known to be buggy, probably too late to backtrack now though. The directx tests don't count for anything, they are extremely minimalist.

Try running this: to uninstallDX9 uninstaller dx9, then try installing directx 8.1, and then running the game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Moving DX to a system where it cannot be easily uninstalled after 8.1b was a bad move on MS's part.

Advertisement