Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bid-Up.tv

• 29-01-2003 6:25pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Do any of you watch this channel and if so have you bought anything off them?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 248 ✭✭Ozzie

Yeah... It's great for those globes made of all the different types of polished stone.... my place is full of them..... how I lived before, I'll never know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

I take it you're in Ireland? Did you have any issues getting the deliveries? Are they reliable. Some of the savings you can make are unbelievable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Uh, LFCfan I think he was taking the piss. Do Bid Up have a number you can dial outside the UK? You can bid online http://www.bid-up.tv/

They never have anything on it that i'm interested in alas!

And its the other live auction channel who ALWAYS seem to have those ****ty globes on all the time. How they're worth a grand i'll never know.

we just happened to need pots and pans etc and we managed to get €500 worth for €100. Just waiting on them to be delivered. And before you say they're probably ripping me off, I saw the exact same sets here in Dublin and altogether they were €512. I'm getting them for €106 delivered.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Originally posted by LFCFan
    we just happened to need pots and pans etc and we managed to get €500 worth for €100. Just waiting on them to be delivered. And before you say they're probably ripping me off, I saw the exact same sets here in Dublin and altogether they were €512. I'm getting them for €106 delivered.

I'm always interested in good (cheap) cookware, do they feature much?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by LFCFan
    And before you say they're probably ripping me off, I saw the exact same sets here in Dublin and altogether they were €512. I'm getting them for €106 delivered.

Wasn't going to say that at all. They do have some great bargains, just rarely anything i'd want :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭Tippex

Guys,

I have purchased a good bit of stuff from them but for support and deliveries they are absolutely pathetic.

I bought a gold bracelet worth £560 for £40 in their first week and they then claimed that the delivery it was coming in (with a case of wine) was damaged (case of wine had a hole in it and the bracelet was missing) this was in october 2000 and after about 25 phone calls eventually got a similar bracelet but only after threatening them with court action as they wanted to refund the £40 instead of giving a replacement bracelet and all this took from the start of october until a week before xmas.

But even after that I bought more stuff but their deliveries are never on-time unless they have changed things dramatically.

Tip

What are delivery costs like to Ireland?
    I see on their site that they quote £6.95 for delivery on most items, but this only applies to the "mainland".

I have to say that they are pretty bad for support. They got my address wrong to begin with and I couldn't get through to the support line and they weren't replying to my e-mails. So I e-mailed all the auctioneers and their assistants giving out and asking for some help and within 10 minutes Andy Hodgson (one of the fellas on the tele) replied to me with a direct number to someone in the office and she sorted it all for me. Delivery cost to Ireland is £14 Sterling. Not bad when you consider the savings you can make.

Something I have noticed is that they go a bit overboard with their "high street" estimates.
    I decided to do a bit of price research on one particular lot I had an interest in;
    A Brabantia Enjoy stock pot and a Brabantia Enjoy skillet, with a £1.00 reserve but a guide price of £150.00 for both.
    Anyway, by simply doing a Google, I found both readily and came up with prices of £29.99 each!
    So, I'm wondering, where the fuck does £150.00 come from?
    Bizarre.

• Advertisement

the guide price is the absolute maximum that the product could be sold for as recommended by the retailer. Most places (except for the likes of Spar) sell well below the RRP.

Advertisement