Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The admins are a bit pissed off with you lot...

• 29-01-2003 6:42pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Look lads, its like this:

"Admin" is not a chatter zone for the "in" crowd.

Report problems here if they are persistent. Even suggestions (if they are feasible workable and make sense).

But lately we've had to clean up Admin more then anywhere else. This is not you're hang out. Find somewhere else to chatter inanely with each other. I suggest the CHAT room.

We're getting pissed off with people dragging topics off-topic, trolling, baiting, whinging bitching and generally being DICKHEADS.

We do this for fun and this ISNT.

Fuck up or FUCK OFF.... yeah?

DeV.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭domeara01

there is a problem with that. i cannot connect to the chat7 room. it will not let me.

diarmuid

i am agreeing with dev but the thing is that i cannot get into the chat room. dev is right about the amount of ****e on the board and thats a valid point and i dont normally argue or talk ****e on the board but all i was saying is that i cannot get into the chat. i tought that this would be the place to say it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,502 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by DeVore
    "Admin" is not a chatter zone for the "in" crowd.
    This is what the "staff room" and private boards are for (can you still post in the recycle bin?).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

No. This is the place to say it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I would rate this thread 4 and half stars, now if only there was a system in place to do this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

Awww look what you've done people. You made DeV a bit pissed off.... again. Happens every 4 months or so. :)

Maybe if the admins responce/action wasn't so funny people wouldn't do it as much. Altho in the last few weeks the Admins replys to these type of posts have been lacking and are less frequent, but used to be common place. You encouraged it bascially

This community was built on the admins actually listening to peoples suggestions, feedback, experiences, dislikes etc. Not many other communities have admins/owners who are so open to suggestions and ideas. So, sorry if some people had the opinion that it's a friendly place, where people can openily talk and make a few light hearted comments on the admin board, where most of the conversations to make boards.ie a better place actually take place.

Lets have a look at http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=78777

Mike65 bascially posts on the admin board, praising regi and other admins for the effort they put in, followed by other peoples light hearted postive comments.

DeVores reply?

"Pointless thread with no reason to exist in Admin.

Moved to Recycle.

DeV."

Where else is someone ment to show thier appriciation to the admins? Ok, good point Dev. In future we'll try not to be gratefull or show our appriciation. Would you like that better?

And at the end of the day, its the community you had a fairly massive part in creating. Don't like what some parts have become? Blame the creators, since we appear to be your little play things sometimes, GOD.

And now for my contribution -
    "We're getting pissed off with people dragging topics off-topic, trolling, baiting, whinging bitching and generally being DICKHEADS."

If only you had this attitude towards the other boards, maybe more than 20% of the threads would be actually worth reading.

"**** up or **** OFF.... yeah?"

Great advice, so when excatly are you going to **** off? <--- See, even I can be as ungratfull and rude as you are sometimes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Admin! We just miss you! *tear runs down cheek*... come back COME BAAACKKK!!!

*wails*

*pulls himself together*

Too many forums for you to share your love with us - that's why the masses are knocking on the Admin doors I say.

And, no, I'm not brown nosing.
    (4 star rating here)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Bubbles thanks for that! :)

At least you understood the threads point.

Mike.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Look sorry if you took it up the wrong way but it was actually Regi who was prompted me and I agree ... theres a time and place for this chatter and god knows I indulge in it from time to time myself.
    I'll create a board under Admin called Feedback or Chatter and we can move stuff there but we also lose serious requests for boards, fixes and whatnot as the admin board is just too busy with chitchat for us to keep track of.

We're not ungrateful for people saying thanks but this isnt the place. If there isnt an appropriate board to talk about Boards then we'll create one...

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Ye, thx :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Lovely! :)

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

Can I be mod of this new board?

that oughta do it i tell you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Report Bugs and suggestions here? Hey! (he said with the twinkle of a troll in his eye) how about we create a board called Bugs / Suggestions!?

Sounds to me like the Admins don't know what this boards for anymore than the users do. Perhaps creating a charter for this board might help?

Going off on one telling us what is not acceptable in this board is pretty lame without a charter. How do people know what is or is not acceptable in the first place?

There's even a sticky on the mod board saying that all mods should have a charter on the boards they moderate.

Pot: Lookin a bit dark there kettle lad.
    Ali Kettle: Is it cos I is black?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by amp
    Pot: Lookin a bit dark there kettle lad.
    Ali Kettle: Is it cos I is black?

Best kettle EVAR :)

Gotta say, to a certain extent i agree that theres way way way too much spam on this board. A little spam and trolling can go a long way, but when its constant ...weh.

dude are you crossing devore.
    i will come to your funeral

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

If there isnt an appropriate board to talk about Boards then we'll create one...

heartily.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Originally posted by DeadBankClerk
    stupid picture

Are you gonna use that all week?

.logic.

Originally posted by domeara01
    dude are you crossing devore.
    i will come to your funeral

Ahh that's real nice of you DOOD!. There'll be a small entrance fee of course. And tasteful t-shirt with pictures of me on the front.

amp - who hopes you all come to his funeral, or at least post here saying how much you loved me.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

God, I hadnt even read this thread when I banned Domeara01 from Admin. fs...

I'll set up a charter for this board and some form of chatter/feedback forum for people to muse about boards and whats going on without expecting Admin feedback to their issues/problems/ideas necessarily....

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Clintons Cat

Hey Kids,
    Heres a wacky new idea i have thought up.

Next time you want to thank regi or devore or cloud or whoever for fixing something,

Dont start a thread entitled
    "Regi the looser"
    "Devore is gay"
    "Cloud has nothing better to do than listen to my constant bleating"

Choose your thread Title carefully,
    If you have difficullty thinking up a title for you thread,
    here are a few Generic samples for you to select from...

"Thanks For Fixing..."
    "I WUB YOU"
    "thanks for your time and effort"
    "sorry for screwing up again"

and then instead of proceeding to generally abuse the admins in a Hilarious fashion,why not thank them IN PLAIN ****ING ENGLISH

PS adding a smillie to the end of your abuse proves nothing,

Look, I'm not looking for people to say thanks. I get what I want from Boards already and I know Regi does too (cos I work beside him).

But it was pissing me off when a new person posts a question and before I can get time to answer it there are 30 posts in response a third being helpful, a third ripping into the guy and a third ripping into the second third. Plus a sprinkling of people who are telling the guy something of an in-joke which is utterly unhelpful.

Anyway, we're going to review the Admin forums as as Amp pointed out, Bugs and Suggestions already exists but is underused and Admin hasnt got a clear charter. (Amp while you are standing there looking smug ... put some pants on.)

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Thanks Dev!
    I WUB jo0 admins!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

But it was pissing me off when a new person posts a question and before I can get time to answer it there are 30 posts in response a third being helpful, a third ripping into the guy and a third ripping into the second third. Plus a sprinkling of people who are telling the guy something of an in-joke which is utterly unhelpful.

Although incredibly fascist and not exactly the norm here. It wouldn't be a bad idea to make Admin actually 'moderated' in which all posts must be permitted before actually allowed through.

And although at first it would be more work than usual, eventually the crap would get filtered out as it wouldn't be worth posting.

Nah, that aint our way and anyway sometimes amongst the noise there is a signal occasionally!

I think we just need to organise a bit better and for some people to think before posting and others to realise that being here a year before someone else means exactly... nothing...

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Nah, that aint our way and anyway sometimes amongst the noise there is a signal occasionally!

I think we just need to organise a bit better and for some people to think before posting and others to realise that being here a year before someone else means exactly... nothing...

DeV.

dont get too organised.
    you dont want to loose the entire laissez faire attitude of the boards.
    its the unexpectedness of things that make this place what it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

and others to realise that being here a year before someone else means exactly... nothing...

It's an attitude that unfortunately seems to be creeping in a bit - we've had to clamp down on a few "who the hell do you think you are, noob" posts on the IOFFL board.

Anyway, we're going to review the Admin forums as as Amp pointed out, Bugs and Suggestions already exists but is underused and Admin hasnt got a clear charter. (Amp while you are standing there looking smug ... put some pants on.)

/me struts

Better put that I should wear pants in the charter as I'm liable to forget.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by amp
    /me struts

Better put that I should wear pants in the charter as I'm liable to forget.

telling a man he should wear pants is almost as bad as regulating what they can say on these board....

its a breach of the 1st amendment.

or britches if you want a pun......

Are you being shorts with me?

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭davej

Observation:

Only 3 people (excluding myself) who posted to this thread aren't mods.

I just find it interesting the amount of self-referential stuff that comes up on boards. Similar to the way the mass media is often obsessed about itself. Many of these meta-threads are like giant circles that keep feeding into each other: surely reason enough to put a lot of it into the recycle bin.

davej

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Originally posted by davej
    Observation:

Only 3 people (excluding myself) who posted to this thread aren't mods.

I just find it interesting the amount of self-referential stuff that comes up on boards. Similar to the way the mass media is often obsessed about itself. Many of these meta-threads are like giant circles that keep feeding into each other: surely reason enough to put a lot of it into the recycle bin.

davej

What????? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Dazzer

Everyone is free to join in we can't help it if they don't bother.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

DeV.
    /me cringes

• Advertisement

DeV.

thats just pants tbh.....

Glad to see everyone is keeping their remarks brief(s)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Brace yourself for a few more.

i think you may have struck some cords there...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Belt up lads. What a den. Im off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 932 ✭✭✭yossarin

now now, lets not get shirty , don't let this threads topics pull-over onto tangents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

mono....doh !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

Originally posted by logic1
    Are you gonna use that all week?
    .logic.
    I'll use it until the humour becomes as tired as your bleeting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Originally posted by DeadBankClerk
    I'll use it until the humour becomes as tired as your bleeting.
    Dont read too much into it, I think it was an off-the-cuff remark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

We're still making bad jokes right?

Oh wait.....

printed on 0% recycled sarcasm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I'm feeling queasy.

Have to pick up the slack.

>sleep<

Advertisement