Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

george bush quotes

Options
  • 29-01-2003 7:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭

George W. Bush Quotes

All quotes 100% authentic, and courtesey of George W. Bush.
    "I think we can agree. The past is over."

"I have learned from mistakes I may or may not have made."

"It was just inebreating what the Midlands was all about then." (A slip on exhillerating)

"It's clearly the budget. It has a lot of numbers on it."

"The most important job is not to be governor, or first lady in my case."

"Will highways on the internet become more few?"

"Like your neighbor just like you like to be liked yourself."

"Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning? Laura and I really don't realize just how bright our children is."

"I was raised in the West. The West of Texas. It's pretty close to California. More so than Washington, D.C. is close to California."

"I propose that every city have a telephone number 119 -- for dyslexics who have an emergency."

"There ought to be limits to freedom." Said about parody websites of him.

"I believe that we are on an irreversible trent toward democracy and more freedom- but that could change."

"One word sums up probably the responsibility of any governor, and that one word is 'to be prepared.'"

"Verbosity leads to unclear, inarticulate things."

"I have made good judgements in the past. I have made good judgements in the future."

"A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the poles."

"Illegitimacy is something we should talk about, in terms of not having it."

"We are ready for any unseen event that may or may not occur."

"For NASA, space is still a high priority."

"We have a firm committment to NATO; we are a part of NATO. We have a firm committment to Europe; we are a part of Europe."

"Who is to blame for riots? The rioters are to blame."

"The Holocaust was an obscene period in our nation's history. I mean in this century's history. But we all lived in this century. I didn't live in this century."

"Quite frankly, teachers are the only proffession that teach our children."

"It isn't pollution that's ruining the environment; it's all the impurities in the air and water that's doing it."

"It's time the human race entered the solar system."

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

"The Holocaust was an obscene period in our nation's history. I mean in this century's history. But we all lived in this century. I didn't live in this century."

"Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning? Laura and I really don't realize just how bright "

Ah the most "powerful" man in the world....Its still amazing that this guy actually made it into the whitehouse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

Logie-Your first quote is actually from former vice president Dan Quayle(served under Reagan I think,or was it Bush senior?).
    Actually where the heck did you get these Woosaysdan?I spotted at least four that are Dan Quayle originals(though he himself is probably delighted that people now think most of his famous nonsensical quotes belong to Bush ;) )

Quayle also once said
    "I love California.I practically grew up in Phoenix"(which is in neighbouring Arizona BTW)
    And

"We expect them [Salvadoran officials] to work toward the elimination
    of human rights."

"One word sums up probably the responsibility of any vice president,
    and that one word is 'to be prepared'."(sounds a little similiar to the Bush governor one)

And he once said something like
    "I enjoyed my visit to latin america.I only regret not doing Latin in school as I couldnt converse with those people"

Bush utterences are genius compared to Quayle.Though my fave Bush one is
    "More and more of our imports are coming from abroad"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

"I propose that every city have a telephone number 119 -- for dyslexics who have an emergency."

omfg, BRILLIANCE!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

Lol some classics, DUBYA comes out with!

But you forgot one.

During his presidency acceptance speech;

" People Mis-under-estimated me"

Nuff said.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

he said to the president of Brazil..........

"Do you have blacks over there too" ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

:eek: Bush is so pathetic I just want to cry...

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Nuphor

Hehe, good good. They've been up on my site for about a six months now. A few new ones in there...

Here

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭kamobe

"The Bush administration is doing everything in its power to prevent war". :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Drunk pirate

Such A dick

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Is Bertie Ahern really any more intelligent though? At least Bush would maintain some sort of eye contact when your talking to him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Drunk pirate

Bertie is a lickarse

Advertisement