Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question - Zwan

Options
  • 29-01-2003 8:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

when is the album released here in ireland????
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

I think it was supposed to be this friday but is being delayed for a week in the uk anyway not sure about here.

It seams to have got exelent reviews everywhere and the single is pretty good

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Feb 10th.

The release was delayed in Europe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Pencapchew

Why does Billy Corgan look like the biggest tool box ever in the vid? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

Check Billy out in this pic.

Corgan or Zane ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭knobbles

hmm, somethin very zz top about that look,
    southern rockers!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Mewzel

definitely something very hillbilly about that look anyway!

Who cares, look how hot Paz looks there ;]

nice tongue.
    giz a kiss paz :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭the66electric

Zwan bite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭o sleep

not much impressed with that last single. it's alright and all, but nothing special. perhaps it will grow on me.

but i was wondering, who is in zwan? i heard a rumour that dave pajo was supposed to be the guitarist. which would be a pretty odd mix. so, is dave pajo in the band or wha?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

...Joining Corgan in the band are former Pumpkin Jimmy Chamberlin, Matt Sweeny, Dave Pajo and Paz Lenchantin.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Richie

I think the new single is really good, but what I think is funny is that all these people were going around mourning the loss of the Smashing Pumpkins, but here's young Mr. Corgan coming along with a "new" band that sound exactly like his old one. It's the Pumpkins again with 3 new members. Ah well.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 zwan

cool, thx , feb 10..il prob get it on friday....

yea, its great the "pumpkins" are back...

paz looks alright but i miss d'arcy

oh and some nice songs too, don't like honestly though

as a big fan, i was glad the band called it quits on the release of the last album, the music just didn't have that spark of all the previuos albums but these new songs sound very refreshing indeed. For me, they won't have the impact of the 90's Pumpkins but they are sweet rock songs and i'll enjoy them.

The all round warm reception does surprise me though,
    probably because Billy's attitude seems so much more layed back,
    not as tense. It's a fresh sounding Billy.

Yea, I'm quite surprised Zwan haven't been trashed in the music-media just because Billy is part of the band. They usually love to twist the knife when speaking about him, which makes me think that the new album must be something pretty damn special if they're overlooking their dislike of Corgan.

But then we have the next issue of Kerrang! - "The Saviours of Rock!" - christ almighty. I'm fucking sick of bands being heralded as the saviours of this/that/and the other.

If anything, all Zwan will do is show how shit and repetitive popular music has become and that there are alternatives out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Nuphor

If anything, all Zwan will do is show how **** and repetitive popular music has become and that there are alternatives out there.

Here's to hoping.
    as a big fan, i was glad the band called it quits on the release of the last album, the music just didn't have that spark of all the previuos albums

I dunno, to be honest, I felt that MACHiNA II was one of their best albums. Went and showed just how much was left in them, if they wanted to continue. Vanity (The acoustic version from the Machina Demo's) is probably my favourite pumpkins song of all time.

Ah well. There's a lot of posts in Zwan.com message board about the CD's being master ar$eways, and judging by the rips that i've heard before putting an order through, I can believe it. The sound's all clipped and sounds awful.

Dave Fanning is playing tracks from the new album tonight
    - Sunday 8pm-10

thanks knobbles for lettin me know, just hope i haven't missed it.........

personally i really liked machina I , stand inside your love and the everlasting gaze are incredible songs.....machina II was a dissappointment

but the best pumpkin songs i think were mostly ones that were never released "towers of rabble" ,"laugh" "jennifer ever" and the aeroplane flies high box set (which i have never managed to find in a shop), but thank god for the internet

Originally posted by zwan

the best pumpkin songs i think were mostly ones that were never released "towers of rabble" ,"laugh" "jennifer ever" and the aeroplane flies high box set (which i have never managed to find in a shop), but thank god for the internet

got a copy of that boxset but never heard of those 3 songs,
    when are they from and where'd you meet them?
    what would they be a similar buzz to?

i got them from napster years ago and pumpkin sites , ive about 200 of very rare pumpkin songs...i was a big fan :)

some are 1990 demos , adore demos and machina acoustic demos(laugh) , others like jennifer ever (unreleased ever live **** - it said) i just don't know where they originated from....
    jennifer ever was my fav song for yrs, id recommend it....
    alot of them are sung live......
    ive a few '89 reel time session songs too like"I Am One Part II"

some aren't the best but others are secret gems

• Advertisement

:rolleyes: 200, eh?
    you don't happen to have a CD burner?
    if i'd a fast connection, i'd have downloaded live versions
    of loads of songs

I'd say i've got virtually all the b-sides and EP tracks
    that were released (except Machina II, was gonna get it
    off some Irish from the pumpkins forum but just wasn't
    that bothered, didn't like what i heard live)

that's really odd. i always liked the smashing pumpkins, well everything up to (and including) melon collie. but i do have the aeroplane flies high box set. it's all dusty though, bcos well, most of the songs are a little pretentious... and not in a good way

Yea I used to download all those so called 'rare' songs, even though they weren't rare at all (in the Napster days anyway, might be a bit tougher to find now). Lost 'em all in a HD drive crash though :[

o sleep, most of the songs on TAFH are singles and their b-sides... very few of them are pretentious and a lot of them are classics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

Yeah, i'm with pie 100%. i really like TAFH. some songs are a little similar to Machina. trust me well worth listening to...

i miss 'em

well the boxset contained songs recorded in the "mellon collie" years and many initially saw that album as pretentious, but of course it became a classic.

I wasn't too mad about the songs from the Zero EP, but a lot of the boxset stuff( other b-sides and the cover versions) i love,
    - the mellon collie b-sides, the covers of the cars, cure and blondie. Some of it sounds like they were takin the P|ss(destination unknown, transformer) but they're great tunes!

btw o sleep, you like pumpkins as well as Low, then did you not like the Adore album? Not saying it sounds like Low, but for me they carry a very similiar mood. dark beautiful music.

I don't know, re Adore. Maybe I didn't give it enough of a chance. I get what you're saying about the mood, but i like all kinds of moods (no, wait i'm going somewhere with this), so it all depends on the songs. My brother should have Adore lying around somewhere, might give it another listen to.

also, about the aeroplane box set being pretentious: this is my opinion, and i wasn't talking about all the songs, some of them really are fantastic, but the collage one, and a good few others, seemed to me to be a little bit pretentious. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, in fact the smashing pumpkins were prone to this, but well there's good pretentious and bad pretentious. and some of these songs veered towards the bad. in my opinion. i liked the pisces iscariot collection, though. one song in particular, can't remember the name, but you could hear traffic in the background.

"but the collage one seemed to me to be a little bit pretentious"

Aww c'mon! That has the all-time classic "Rubberman" in it! :D

Originally posted by o sleep
    i liked the pisces iscariot collection, though. one song in particular, can't remember the name, but you could hear traffic in the background.

i'm pretty sure it's Starla(the 10min rock extravaganza) that i heard a siren in the background at some point, but i think on the inlay he says soothe(the opening acoustic pluck) was recorded in the bedroom.

I can't go wrong with that guess cause they're two of the best songs on the album, Starla has to be one of my fave tunes of theirs.

And do give Adore another chance, one of my fave albums ever,
    the best songs are at the end i think
    - shame, behold the nightmare, for martha

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Nuphor

i liked the pisces iscariot collection, though. one song in particular, can't remember the name, but you could hear traffic in the background.

Car traffic? Landslide. An awesome acoustic cover...

• Advertisement

Originally posted by knobbles
    And do give Adore another chance, one of my fave albums ever,
    the best songs are at the end i think
    - shame, behold the nightmare, for martha

Even tho Adore is my favourite album, I can never pick out songs and say "listen to these for a taste of the album..." because the album only really works as a whole.

Maybe thats just me though :]

Advertisement