Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Channel 4 - Ireland

• 29-01-2003 9:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Now I may be stepping on toes for this one, but please don't shoot the messenger.

I am lucky enough to have a FTV card and there I was this evening watching Friends, then the adverts came on after, now im used to seeing the ad for Film4 but they normally only give the phone number for UK, but they added the Irish number afterwards, its a 00800 number. So OK maybe a one off, but then a couple of the add's afterwards had some irish details on it. One for some collectors magazine had prices in sterling and Euro. I turned over to watch ITV1 and the same collectors mag was on and no Euro price.

Has anyone else noticed that the adds on Channel 4 are now including info for both UK and Ireland?

Interested in your findings

G

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Film 4 has always been available in ROI. This doesn't mean Channel 4 will. Were you watching Channel 4 (N.I.) perchance? They've always advertised a lot of stuff in Euros - it's the advertisers by the way, not Channel 4, who are responsible for this as they know they have a target audience down South.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 gmidgely

No I wasn't watching Channel 4 Northern Ireland, I only have Chan 4 UK. I wasn't saying that Film 4 was newly available, more that Channel 4 was advertising in the UK with Irish interests. My FTV card is from Yorkshire area

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

I'd say it was the advertiser making the ad more "euro-friendly"! for t'folks from rount t'dale.

Nothing to read into this. It's also possible that the Channel 4 North of England macro ad region was playing Northern Ireland commercials by accident.

There are 4 or 5 different ad regions for Channel 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 tvman

A short reply about Ch 4 on Sky.
    It has 6 regions - London, Midlands, North, N.Ireland, Scotland & South East.
    The only difference is the ads can be different at times.
    All can be tuned in and stored on 'Other Channels'

TVMan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

Originally posted by tvman
    All can be tuned in and stored on 'Other Channels'

TVMan.

On a UK sub or an FTV card, but NOT on a regular Irish subscription card.

• Advertisement
Advertisement