Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange Popup from messenger?

Options
  • 29-01-2003 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭

I was just browsing boards when this popped up. I had no other windows open so its quite strange.

It looks like it came form messenger, Ive never seen anything like that before and ive been using MSN for a long time.

Can Anyone explain?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Start --> Control panel --> Admin tools --> Services --> right click Messenger --> Properties --> Start method --> Set it to "Disabled" --> Click OK.

Done

There is a difference between microsoft messenger that runs in your system tray and the messenger service. Microsoft messenger is an IM app. Messenger service is a part of microsoft networking software that allows computers to send popup messages to each other. There is no reason to leave the service enabled unless you are on a corporate network or something.

This is where it originated
    http://www.directadvertiser.com/

Chief.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

How exactly do you do this? I know how to do it over a network, but over the internet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement