Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Public Safety

• 29-01-2003 10:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,502 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, assuming that rules need to account for the stupidest 10% of society, should there be posts on After Hours about (1) home made rocket lauchers, (2) injecting your scrotum with saline solution (just for kicks) and (3) junkies cleaning needles with citrus fruits.

Then there is the whole "lets post some images of people being blown up" type thread.

Now I know most people won't act on the content, but what about that 10% that might?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Welcome to the Jackass generation. God luv 'em.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Ah now Victor, most stuff posted is only just taken from somewhere else. Boards.ie isn't a nanny. If people want to build rocket launchers from hairspray cans or fill their scrotums with saline, then they deserve what they get.

In defence of my own post, I just posted up an article form today's Indo, which goes reaches a hell of a lot more people than boards.ie does. If it's safe there, then it's safe here.

That's my 2c

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Afterhours seems to me like the place you can bring anything up in and if results are interesting then it could be moved on to the Humanities board or Politics... or "Views" or even "Letters to the editor" maybe.

Isn't Afterhours - the Pub of boards.ie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Clintons Cat

now unless someone is actively encouraging people to do stupid stuff i cant see how this is any worse than say Eurotrash,jackass or graham norton.
    And even if anyone was stupid enough to build a pipebomb on the grounds that someone on the internet said it would be "kw377l"then frankly they have got too many fingers for their own good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Originally posted by Gordon

Isn't Afterhours - the Pub of boards.ie?

I always thought Boards.ie was the pub of the internet!:D

Some of the threads are asinine but so what?, thats the essence of After Hours.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭domeara01

well you know that there is probably going to be a new episode of jackass on next week and it will start like this.

hi im johny knoxville and this week i will be injecting my scrotum with salene just for kicks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

im interested in this rocket launcher Idea with hair spray cans and I would like to subscribe to your newsletter..tell me more.

But in fairness if boards start dumbing down and making ourselves safe from ourselves then boards is a stupid as
    america as a collective nation.

Lets encourage people to inject their scrotum (again for some of us) and then laugh at the results !!

That'll learn em...learn'em good

Advertisement