Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current and upcoming Elite style mmogs

Options
  • 29-01-2003 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hi folks

Ive been looking for good an online elite type game for some years now.

I have played Jumpgate quite a bit but to be honest, the graphics are starting to look very dated and it is a bit limited regards taking over space stations and the like.

I was looking forward to EVE for ages and just got signed up on the beta.
    The game looks wonderful and the whole idea of the corporations is well implemented BUT the one thing that has stopped me playing it is the fact that it is third person. You cannot fly your ship from within the cockpit :mad:

Is there any new elite style mmogs on the horizon?

Or have i completely missed one:confused:

BioS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

Careful talking about EVE like that on public boards, there are snitches everywhere.

I played Jumpgate in the Beta, enjoyed it alot, but I did not like the PvP system, newbie killing was common place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

Earth and Beyond is a good laugh, though the control system is very RPGish - no space/flight physics at all. And the interesting mobs and quests thin out considerably at high level.

I got a Terran Trader to level 52 before I got bored.

Teeth.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

I think the first add on to SWG is going to have space flight in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Earth and Beyond was very good (for the 5 day free trial) ;)

Freelancer is great fun, if a little simplified. I liked being able to fly in low over cities

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Bios

I think the first add on to SWG is going to have space flight in it.

What is SWG? :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Star Wars Galaxies

a bit more about it and some screen shots...
    http://gamire.com/gamire/newsitem?id=393

Advertisement