Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Telco international code changes!

Options
  • 30-01-2003 1:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the best place to post this, sorry if so.

I work in Telecoms myself and I desire the need for an updated International prefix table. Although I don't actually have a proper table - (given by the higher above telco boards) I have my businesses table.

Now what I am saying is - if you desire the need for an updated list of country codes - who do you go to? I personally go to BT's website - I'll post the link tomorrow from work. Now the point of the thread - Bt's website doesnt have the perfect or most up to date table of international codes:
    -They miss out some mobile prefixes
    -They are late in updating their website.

So If I have a friend from Greece who tells me that his mobile prefix has changed to now start with 003069 as opposed to 00309 I couldn'tlet the above telco know the change in area code unless I had a higher telco's say that it is a different area code.

Does anyone else feel the need for keeping an up to date International area code list?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

...in Comreg, ask them who deals with 'numbering issues' .

they send around these changes regularly to a mailing list

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Thanks Muck. I just thought this way would give a faster feedback as opposed to a form that is updated every week/2 weeks. Will try there though, thanks.

www.comreg.ie

edit - also check out this address for that type of thing
    http://www.itu.int/ITU-T/inr/index.html

Advertisement