Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Will West Ham survive the drop?

• 30-01-2003 1:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭

Yes. Sunderland, West Brom and Bolton are down.

Will West Ham survive the drop? 36 votes

YES
    0% 0 votes
    NO
    58% 21 votes
    picabar, what the hell's picabar?
    41% 15 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

Di Canios Back, Kanoutes due back they won last nite , will probably beat POOL at weekend , they'll avoid the drop ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

I agree with Space_Coyote.

They are a better team than Bolton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Yeah I think they are just too strong, I believe they stay

Bolton, west Brom, and m...hopefully sunderland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

I think so, but then again I thought Ipswich would last year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

I think they will, a few six pointers coming up though and it will all depend on their performances against the rest of the teams down there fighting with them.

Hopefully class will tell and they will be the first team at the bottom at christmas not to go down.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Galvatron

I hope West Ham stay up their the only team in the bottom four who try to play good attaching football (but their defence is fair crap)

After the game at the weekend everyone was saying they were sh*t and definitely going down. Funny how a few days can change things!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I thought at Xmas that they weren't going down. I still don't think they are.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Considering the squad they have they "too good" to go down but no team is too good to go down.

They should make it but that may leave the likes of carrick, kanoute, cole, defoe available in the summer if they get relegated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

West Ham are in big trouble because when (there's no IF about it) they get relegated their squad who are 'too good' to go down will also be the same squad who are 'too good' to play in the first division.

Predict widespread defections from Upton Park in June (the likes of which would make Leeds look stable) and a decade of football in the Englands second league to look foward to hammers fans.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Im not sure about widespread deflections.

Look at the teams who have gone down they kept all their stars Ipswich still have some great players in their team ,Leicester also.

People assume the best players will leave but in most cases the players dont leave.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Im a regular at Upton Park, as its dead easy to get tickets for..

Sometimes this season West Ham have been briliant (Arsenal and Man Yooooo at home being too good examples)..

Both times (and every other time) the defence has let them down, and they either drew or lost games that last season they would have won..

But either or both A or B have to start immediately..

a) If Repka ,Schemmel (and *cough* breen) and the rest start playing like they did last season (when the hammers were 6th (ish!)) they will. There are a couple of good young wing backs that should come into the team so Winterburn and the OAP's can fcuk off and let young players, with pace and guts have a go..

b) If Bowyer develops a good relationsip with any two of DeFoe, DeCanio, Cole or the reemerging Kanote and they start to drag the team kicking and screaming with them :)

But it does not look like it will happen..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

note: I think my pre season bet of Fullam, Sunderland and West Brom going down is still quite a good bet that may pay for my summer holidays yet :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭Sterile Fish

yup, and leeds are bound to be ****ed now!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ManWithThePlan

I like the hammers. I hope they stay up! :)

But as for today.. COME ON THE 'POOL!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

if they do go down bowyer will be back at leeds for sure hes still only on loan there and would not like Div! football at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I just posted NO in the poll, then listening to FiveLIve I've just heard its WestHam 0 2 Liverpool.

Can I change my vote? :D

West Brom are doomed, Sunderland are just awful and I'm not convinced dispite yesterday that Bolton can escape a second year in a row.

Mike.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

And the game finished

WHU 0 - 3 Liverpool

Yaay! :D G'wan da 'pool! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

nice win indeed. heskey's on a roll now !

for once they can't blame Gaz Breen, the sac wasn't even playing !

YNWA

if they do go down bowyer will be back at leeds for sure hes still only on loan there and would not like Div! football at all

He is not on Loan. West Ham bought him from Leeds, but he would only sign a contract to the end of the season so he can leave if they go down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I voted yes.. dont ask me why but I have a strange feeling they will survive but by a narrow narrow margin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Think they will have to learn to defend corners if they want to stay in the top flight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭dragon heart

i think they will!!! they just need a few players to start playing well again!!! they will win 2 or 3 games on the trott and they will be out of the danger!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭fisifan01

I still believe that west ham are strong enough to stay up. All they need is a decent run of form the played superbly against Blackburn and were unlucky not to take the full 3 points home from their match against newcastle at upton park. My candiates for relegation are sunderland bolton and Westbrom. If fulham are`nt carefull they may fine themselves in trouble too.

I have changed my mind on this one. They need about 20 points from 12/13 games. I do not think their defence has that kind of form in it. Sadly I think they will be going down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Chippy Brady

Birmingham can go down as well you know!! They haven't won in 7 games.

I think they will come good. Dugarry will do for them what Djorkauff did for Bolton last year, all their new signing just need a bedding in period.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

No, they don't have the class to get the wins that are necessary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I reckon they'll go down.
    I dont like Glen Roder (sp?), I want to see him crash and burn.
    West Ham, West Brom and Sunderland to drop.
    Hopefully Bolton and Birmingham will go next season.
    As long as 3 of the 5 above teams go I'll be happy.
    Then hopefully Villa, Blackburn and Leeds can go too.

West Ham do have a good squad, but I can see a lot of them leaving if they drop. Sinclair, Cole, Carrick, Bowyer, Di Canio (maybe, maybe not, he's pretty loyal), Kanoute, I reckon most of them will go.

• Advertisement
Advertisement