Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DC Games going Cheap?

Options
  • 05-02-2001 2:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭

There seem to be some good Dreamcast Deals going now that Retailers try to Flog the Machines.

I was in Game at the weekend in Limerick and got Quake 3 Arena for £35 (£10 off)and I am now addicted to it!

They also were selling a Dreamcast and 5 games for £199 which isn't bad.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

The reason they are flogging them cheap is because DC is no more (stopped making them). Even Sega are selling the DC cheap to get rid of thier remaining stock.

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/industry_news_display.php?story=114

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Um. No. God, you get some great conclusions jumped to. Sega (and a lot of retailers) have so much stock of the DC and so many games in production (in Segas case) that it would be utterly stupid to start flogging it cheaply just to "clear stock".

There are whisperings about the DC falling to a £99 price point in the UK, mind, but those whisperings were about before the announcement as well. It'd be interesting to see the DC duke it out on a similar price point to the PSOne...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

£99? Cool, any idea of how soon this would be happening? If they drop that low i'll probaly pick myself up a a DC, couldn't really resist at that price wink.gif

UP DA DUBS!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

I read somewhere that there are 2m DC's still in stock and no more being made.
    Hardly alot like ?
    I'm tempted to go out and buy one so I have a console after my lc smile.gif
    Also, over a hundred new games still to come out for the DC.

Nil Desperandum

Shinji, I'll posted the news story of them dropping the price to clear stock. I can rummage around to find the DC news story of Sega claiming they weren't stopping making DC's, followed by them shutting down production of the DC.

Warehouse space doesn't come free you know. smile.gif Just because they stopped producing them doesn't mean the costs go away.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

Ive read that sega may start making games for PS2.. That'd be nice smile.gif.

Advertisement