Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dad Rock

Options
  • 30-01-2003 1:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭

Sunday nights just wouldn't be the same without Today Fm's weekly offering of real music!!!
    I think we should have more rock shows on the radio!
    Does anyone miss Marty Miller?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 eric_the_head

I think the guy who hosts it is totally useless. Surely there must be someone better. Someone who actually knows what they're talking about!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭xx

Bring back John Kenny on the 2FM Metal Show

He's even worse, and he has admitted that himself !!

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Well we need someone thats for sure... It's the only way to get kids into proper metal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

Someone like Dee Snider! :)

I loved Dad Rock! It was my sunday highlight. :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Doesn't Dee Snider host the largest syndicated rock radio show in the States now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭francie brady

I got really embrassed lately when my brother mentioned Twisted Sister as one of his favorite bands when he was younger. TS were one of the worst metal bands ever. Always thought dee was bit of a tosser. He has his teeth filed to look like fangs. But i do believe he makes a better DJ then musician.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭frood4t2

Dee Snider used to be on the radio station I listened to before I went to college... he's not anymore though, and I wonder why, cuz his program was very good and sometimes very funny.

At the time I was listening he was only on that radio station and one other... so I don't think he was the biggest in America by any stretch.

Oi! Twisted Sister are cool! And I think he used to host HeadBangers Ball before that Ricky Rackman (spelling?) guy aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭kingconor

Twisted sister are cool, one of the better hair metal bands!! How hard would it be for us to get some sort of petition to a radio station to play more rock?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

yes i think marty miller should come back. i dont mind the guy but marty was better methinks.

it is a great show!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭domeara01

listen to real music 24/7
    http://www.knac.com

Perhaps we could get marty reinstated? Does anyone know what marty's doing at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

Toatl Rock on digital can be cool. Channel 848 or 850 or somethin' like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭the snitch

dad rock is skiddies
    yer man just plays the doors followed by led zep followed by ac/dc followed by the rolling stones follwed by creedance follwed by the doors followed by thin lizzy follwed by bowie followed by fleetwood mac follwed by the doors followed by led zep followed by ac/dc followed by the rolling stones follwed by creedance follwed by the doors followed by thin lizzy follwed by bowie followed by fleetwood mac follwed by the doors followed by led zep followed by ac/dc followed by the rolling stones follwed by creedance follwed by the doors followed by thin lizzy follwed by bowie followed by fleetwood mac follwed by the doors followed by led zep followed by ac/dc followed by the rolling stones follwed by creedance follwed by the doors followed by thin lizzy follwed by bowie followed by fleetwood mac follwed by the doors followed by led zep followed by ac/dc followed by the rolling stones follwed by creedance follwed by the doors followed by thin lizzy follwed by bowie followed by fleetwood mac follwed by
    its like mojo by numbers. he knows diddly sqwat and tries to bluff his was by on classiscs and standards. its a well worn path. so yeah i see how he can get away with calling it dad rock if your idea of a rockin da is one who has nothing but compilations in his record collection and who hums brit pop stuff as a token nod to contempory stuff. it's a crying shame that he's not utilising the resources, info or musical landscape open to him. bet he likes jeremy clarkson too.

I never heard him play AC/DC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Save us from mainstream radios token "Rock" shows, both those mentioned are ****e not because of the music choices so much as the hosts complete ignorance of both the music and how to play it, I could'nt listen as intros and epic climaxes
    were constantly talked over by prats!

Mike.

Phantoms metal show on thursdays is fairly ok. At least he seems to know what he's talking about !!!

Hey, snitch, at least its better than nothing!

Advertisement