Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

40krpg update

• 30-01-2003 3:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭

We just finished the 4th overhaul of the rules system, the aim with this re-write was to streamline the rules into using less dice and less dice types.

We now have it D10 based, not percentile or mixed as the last few write's had it.

Tonight is the start of a 3 part Test story i am running to give these rules a test run, the last few were good but it got cumbersome with the varied dice (as those of you at gaelcon for the first edition stated)

To go with this i have redesigned the character sheets totally, heres a preview.

We havent published the new rules because we havent got a decent host for the site which has been waiting to go live for months.

:D

front.gif
    wound.gif
    notes.gif

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Is this what i think it is. A paper play rpg version of 40K. This sounds great! I wouldent mind trying this out some time if you ever get the rules posted up any where let me know and me and my little gaming group can try it out play test it a bit for you and send you on any feed back if ya want!

Sounds great... Keep up the good work man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭goo

I dunno about it being a good idea.

The 40k world doesn't seem half as good for adventure type deals than the fantasy one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭EdBanger

Oh how can you say that??
    what with all the industral Gothic Horror of the Imp, and their the good guys. Sure It would be limited if you were playing Soilders but think of a group of Juves trying to survive on a hive world?
    or perhaps a small mob of orks on a Feral world? maybe you could play as a workteam on a intersteller Freighter?

Jaggeh is curently running a story with us were most of the players are various sicentest that have been kidnaped and I'm a not too bright security Guard Tring to keep em alive long enough to have them delivered. Its apsolutly helerirous (sorta like my spelling).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

IRC playtest!?¬?

you know you want to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Originally posted by goo
    I dunno about it being a good idea.

The 40k world doesn't seem half as good for adventure type deals than the fantasy one.

You've never played w40-k rpg at the last two Gaelcon's then have you?

GOD-DAMN it was fun. I never got to play in last years one cause the feldmarshal wouldn't let me off wargames GM duties.

BLAH ... nasty feldmarshal ;) hehe

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Have you read the White Dwarf Inquisitor battle reports? There's plenty of scope for RPG's in the 40K world. I'd love to have a go...

Advertisement