Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GigSmart Benefit Gig:::::Temple Bar Music Centre.

Options
  • 30-01-2003 4:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭

February 19th GigSmart Fundraiser:- Temple Bar Music Centre.

Okily Dokily, I have just received word that our friends in the Temple Bar Music Centre, have given us another free date in their coolest of cool Venue, only this time.

Ok so you all know that we are in the process of trying to fund our second Compilation CD, only this one will be professionally distributed in Tower and Golden Discs, so it is important that the quality of the CD is as good as possible and that the CD is well presented.
    So we need € 2,500.00, If you are a person of high Intellect, you can see where I am going with this, this gig on the 19th ( Which the line up is yet to be confirmed ) will be a pay in gig, I have promised the Music Centre that if the money is donated our way for the benefit of the CD that we will a) make sure to thank them in our list of credits in the CD outlet and b) make sure that the night is well attended.
    Don’t make me out to be a liar people, we need you there, Only people on the CD will be able to play this Gig but if you all turn up I would much appreciate it.
    We are going for a big line up much like the Christmas Party as it was a stomper of a night, and we wouldn’t mind mimicking its success.
    So you all have plenty of notice for this one, February 19th if you want to play the gig you have to be on the CD, if you want to be on the CD you have to atleast come to the gig.

The gig will have 8 bands performing each band having a half hour set, and the admission will be € 6.00 in.
    If we do decide to go with a guest list ( which is unlikely ) it will be strictly reserved for people who have helped with the running of GigSmart. so in other words if you are going out with someone from a band that is playing on the night, that doesn’t qualify you for the guest list.
    Its likely that even I will have to pay in, so basically if you are asked to play and you accept then you have to take this into consideration and please don’t ask me cause I don’t like telling people No.
    As this is a fundraiser we will be asking each band performing on the night to give it everything they have to get people to come along to the gig in our bid to out sell Westlife on the week of release.

People have asked how can we get involved in the past, the answer to that little riddle is simple, but this may seem harsh, we need everyone at this gig so if you have played a GigSmart gig in the past we need you there, We have given alot to this I think a little something in return is not too much to ask.

Kind Regards.

Niall.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Niall S.

Whats the chances in making this a sticky, as its very important to GigSmarts Future, this comp could determine whether we crash and burn or whether we shine through and conquer.

Pete, what if I say pretty please, and make a cute face like this:

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Gar_ptc

ahh... my heart is melted...surely that would melt pete's big warm- butterlike - heart.

tonight in music centre is nialls band....al capone suite.

GO!

viva the 'smart

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭the66electric

Originally posted by Niall S.

So we need € 2,500.00,

How many are you getting pressed??? Music matters international would be a helluva lot cheaper than that. The pressed and printed our EP for a really good rate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

We're looking at doing 1000 CD's however due to our ambitious ideas for this compilation we want a relatively good budget in place for marketing and promotion of the disc. This differs from the last one in that its purpose is to elevate the organisations profile a little. Success will attract much needed investment into the organisation both financially and actual participation of people who will committ time and effort with the view to ultimately making the scene in which we all exist in that little bit better.

All the best
    Trev M

PS We have been in contact with Music Matters already , thanks for the suggestion

MM get my vote. I really hope its as successful as you deserve. Fair play.

66e

• Advertisement

Many thank you's , we are determined to make this sucker work , and basically get everyone motivated and pulling together, that's why everything will be run like a para military hit squad this time around . If someone cant carry their weight , too bad we leave em behind, shock shock horror horror !!

:mad:

T

There is no 'I' in team...

But there is a 'me'...

there's also "tea" in team; so shall the budget include for a tea- lady?

no sticky?then bumpy!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

*Hup*

This should be good......

OK I think that I have 7 of the 8 bands confirmed for this gig, its looking like this.

Pinion
    The Al Capone Suite
    The Murder of Crows
    Tokin
    Violent Sky
    Otranome
    The Sundogs

and one more to be confirmed.

Please come along and bring all of your mates this is going to be the bulk of our Funding for our Compilation CD so we need your support.

Regards.

Niall.

• Advertisement

I need, just one more time to express the utter crucialty,(is that a word) of this gig.

Gigsmart is not a poxy band charity we're a collective of people who want to improve the scene for new bands...bands that dont help themselves have no place in our organisation and helping yourself also means supporting other bands and the efforts of Gigsmart to move forward.

This second compilation, when successful, is intended to elevate the level of professionalism within gigsmart and present an image of strong community and organisation. If people don't get involved (BANDS YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!)we will not be assisting them in the future.

So in short people please make the extra effort to come along. Anyone who doesnt dig in this time round will NOT BE included on the CD.

All the best -

Trev M
    Gigsmart Founder / Sub Comander Gigsmart Militia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Neil_B

Sweet looking forward to it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭violent*sky

this is gonna be a special one....cheers for giving us the chance to play.....its gonna be amazing...the lineup says it all...id pay more than €6 euro to see TWO of those bands together......gigsmart rocks!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭teamdresch

Trev M......

DO YOU WANT YOUR CD OR NOT???

Remember? The one we recorded 3/4 weeks ago?

Jaysus, keep your hair on , totally forgot about that , yeah of course we do buzz me and we can arrange to meet up ...
    Thanks - trev

a most jiving night to be had...
    well hello ,there, bumpy mc bump.

sticky this please...

can't beleive the line up!the crows and sundogs again!!quality!!!coupled with al capone; that will be a special treat.

dying to see les autres, aussi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Sandi

Wow! What a line-up! As usual, I'll be hangin' around after college for this rockin' little shindig. Woo-hoo!
    I'll still pay the 6 euro tho..being the faithful Gigsmartian that I am...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭violent*sky

hey niall...wots the story with the gig? how long has each band got?? any idea who the eight band is?? you have my address if u want posters up!!!!! cheers man

The Eight band will be Polar, Unfortunately each band only gets a 30 minute set, which includes set up, this enables us to get more bands on the bill, so that the Audience gets a more varied idea of what the Comp will be like.

So work at a 25 minute song list to be on the safe side, it will be a cracker of a gig though, I would like to thank all of the bands for playng this, you all rawk.

Niall.

I would like to thank the following for humungus efforts , perseverence and support in recent times.

The Stynes boyz , sharp dressed men that they are.
    The Brunkard Brigade.
    Murder of Crows
    Polar
    The Jessies
    Ginseng
    The Dollar Short crew
    John and the crew at Voodoo
    Da 2
    Dorans
    TBMC
    Gar PTC
    Sandi + her hoarde of worshippers!!
    Music Matters and Phut loose
    Entertainment.ie

• Advertisement

Every Girls crazy about a sharp dressed man.

jesus trev i've done nout.

Don't forget yourself there trev. Sure, everyone knows who the main men are; listing them is unneccessary!i don't know how the hell oyu can even have me on the same list as those people! They do GOD DAM hard work - i just get drunk and bum cigarettees!

see you in voodoo on friday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 madmanmoon

Go to the show folks! You gotta appreciate what Gigsmart is for your scene...It'd be nice to see the same thing happen in other cities and a shame to see it go under there due to apathy.
    By the way, I'd love to catch the gig myself. I have no problem paying a cover charge, but the flight from Savannah to Dublin is a bit of a stretch for me...anyone know a pilot??
    Speaking of the distance factor...do us a favor and get some of those bands to the states. Some of us would love to catch em' live!

Savannah, wow the word really is spreading far and wide.

In the Words of Jim Morrison ( well not really, more like some dude that played Jim Morrison in that Wayne's World Flick ).

"If you book them, they will come".

Niall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭horsekick

that'd be deadly, the gigsmart global tour!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 ci

get your asses there!!! *bump*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭metalish

Sounds like a VERY good night out, i'll be there!!! Lookin forqward to some of the bands on the bill that i haven't seen live before. :D

* get back up there *

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Feb 19th eh? Same bloody night as Cave In...

What time the Gigsmart thing starting at? I might throw me head in on the way to Whelans...

• Advertisement

ah yes, the evil persuasion of another gig!!
    Doors are at 7.30, it'd be great if you could pop in on your way mate, all support is really appreciated on this venture.

Advertisement