Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GigSmart Benefit Gig:::::Temple Bar Music Centre.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I'll try, but I does want to see Berkeley with Cave In.

You're in Otranome? One of your band members was on the JPL site trying to get the Whelans support in May. Any joy?

Oh, and your drummer...recognise the name. Was he in Plunkets at any point in his life by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Gar_ptc

haev you seen cave in?if not - don't bother. paint dryin/grass growing.and such metaphors.

i'm dying to see all these heavy weight jivers get jazzing.

what happened to the valentines auction?i haev to apologise toall cos i dont remember much from that night-my 3rd nite without my own bed to sleep in...meh

mick,you gent, were you at voodoo?my ass says yes,but my brain says otherwise..:D

slut on, see everyone on wednesday

Let me guess. You saw them support Foo Fighters and weren't impressed? Saw them myself, and like yourself wasn't overly impressed. Heard three songs, competent enough, then went for another beer. Heard Dazed and Confused just as I lifted the beer to my lips for the first time, convinced it was over the pa.

Then I heard Dark Driving on TV one night, was intrigued, Bought Jupiter out of curiousity, was blown away. This band will work sooooo much better in the confines of Whelans, than that warehouse they call the Point Depot. Same contrast between Tool in SFX, and Tool at Ozzfest.

Of course I could be wrong...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭horsekick

well not exactly IN the band but might as well be!! :D Dunno what the story is with the JPL support. Apparently loadsa bands put their names forward, no word so far anyway.
    Seen cave in with the Foo's, wasn't impressed, but as you said, seen that video on MTV2 and its really good, Whelans will suit them down to the ground. Wouldnt mind seeing them, and Berkeley, Otranome are playing with them in Mullingar next month.

Oh and Gar, if it makes you feel any better your not the only victim of Mick on this board... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

Hey
    If u need any photography or artwork done I am willing to offer free services. I am not a profesional photographer, or even close. I did the photographs for popstar http://www.melaton.org/carolyn/index.htm
    and thats about the extent of my experience but if ya want anything, email me, or something. Chris Stynes has my number so if ya want anything just give me a call.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭horsekick

yeah he said he was in Plunketts.

Yeah thought so. Ask him does he remember his roots? Mention the word "Overjoy" to help jog his memory...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Niall S.

OK there has been some changes to the gigs line ups and running order:-

First off, don't worry if you are playing this Wednesday as there has been no change in line ups so if you are due to play on Wednesday your gig is safe.

But Sunday the 23rd, due to recording commitments, Mike got Spiked have had to cancel, so in their place Naked Flame will be playing.
    Naked Flame did not get their set last Fridau so I think its only fair to have them included for this Gig on Sunday ( don't say that we don't take care of yee lads ).
    So Sunday is looking like this, Popstar, Jessica Insane, The Beautiful Losers, Naked Flame and Dollar Short.

Then on Saturday the 1st of March, Ginseng have had to pull out due to other Commitments so in their place, The Greenbacks will be playing.

So the line up for Saturday is:- The Greenbacks, Alistair, Oz, Pier Nineteen.

All of these gigs will be the mutts nuts so try to make it along to as many of them as you can, and as we already said, its important to us, that if you are wanting in on the CD, that you attend atleast one of these gigs, ( and no, it doesn't count if you on the bill ) its important that you go to one of the gigs that your aren't playing also.

Now for bands that are playing on Wednesday, due to the hectic line up, its important that you stay within in your time schedule or a repeat of Friday Night will be the outcome, so here is how it works.

Doors: 7.30

Al Capone Suite. 8.00

Tokin. 8.30

Pinion. 9.00

Murder of Crows. 9.30

Sundogs. 10.00

Violent Sky. 10.30

Otranome. 11.00

Polar. 11.30

Curfew. 12.00

( No Curfew is not a band ).

So the band in which I am currently a member is playing first, so I would appreciate an early attendance if possible.
    Soundchecks have to be finished early, so we will only be soundchecking two of the bands, but this is how we did it at Christmas and we had nine bands playing everyone had a good set, everyone sounded brilliant and it was a crackin night.
    So the sets start on the hour and half past the hour so you don't need someone to tell you how much time you have left, if you take a year and a day to set up, it does come out of your time on stage so try to be prompt about it, if you get started at 10 past the hour or 20 minutes to the hour then you can take it for granted that you only have 20 minutes to play.

Now your all in the know, and you've all been warned. I will of course still give each band a shout for last song, but do take into account that there is a band going on after you ( unless your Polar ) and if you eat up any more time, you are cutting their set short which wouldn't be fair.

I appreciate all of your co operation in this, and I am really looking forward to it, tis gonna be rawkin.

All giddy now.

Regards.

Niall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Mr Crowe

yeah these are gonna be some seriously rockin' gigs, all the bands playing each night are quality, cant wait for wednesday.....see y'all there;)

peace&love
    mr crow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Niall S.

OK this is tonight and its gonna be filmed for a Documentary that is to be screened by NTL sometime in April hopefully.

Come along and be seen.

Niall.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Gar_ptc

told work that i had a fundraisre tonight so i couldnt work...how true it is.

jive man this is going to jazz like a jiving gent

Advertisement