Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pigs just want to have fun...

Options
  • 30-01-2003 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78,366 ✭✭✭✭

Pigs just want to have fun...
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2003/0129/pigs.html
    January 29, 2003

(20:34) The Department of Agriculture has confirmed that Irish farmers could face fines of up to €2,000 unless they provide pigs with toys.

Under new EU regulations, pig keepers are required 'to enrich the pigs' environment,' to keep them happy and deter them from chewing each other.

The items used can be straw, hay, peatmoss and novel objects, such as footballs or wood.

A Department spokesperson says the ruling has been law since 1 January and farm inspectors will be monitoring its implementation.
    And there was I with my dirty minding thinking that they were on about the idea on Eurotrash to give pigs more "pleasure" when they were "making bacon" ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

And there was I with my dirty minding thinking that they were on about the idea on Eurotrash to give pigs more "pleasure" when they were "making bacon"
    rofl, joke sucked, that was brilliant tho :D

Advertisement