Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ginseng - demo of the Fortnight - Hotpress

Options
  • 30-01-2003 6:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭

As requested we are posting the review of our demo by Jackie Hayden in this weeks Hotpress.
    It made the Demo of the Fortnight, so we're going to get played on FM104. Hopefully this will lead to getting played on Phantom FM.

If anyone would like to listen to the tracks you can download our songs from our website www.ginsengmusic.com

Else send us a mail and we'll arrange getting CDs out to people.

Guitars Ahoy!

The rehabilitation of Rock's most iconic instrument continues apace.

The alleged resurgence of Irish guitar bands may be more than just a spot of wishful thinking to judge by the increase in the numbers of demos of that ilk invading my intray.

One of the most exciting examples of the genre that I've heard in resent times is Ginseng whose new demo packs a heavyweight punch from the opening power chords on 'Deep Inside'. It instantly reminded me of Rory Gallagher with Taste, while Bernie Kearney's drumming in the latter part of the track recalls the early, earthier incarnation of Fleetwood Mac. Although Ginseng blend a mix of rock, jazzy blues and a touch of southern fried boogie, they rarely stray from their main goal, pinning down a fearsome rock beat and overlaying it with crunchy guitars, monster bass and spot-on lead and harmony vocals.

Cheers
    Paul
    www.ginsengmusic.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Well deserved , more Kudos for a decent band ;......dare I say A gigsmart affiliated band!

Well done lads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭knobbles

congrats.

what's the story with that demo competiton?
    do hotpress and templelane get the rights to that music
    if you agree to recording it?
    Kinda fare in a way but what implications would that have
    for the song recorded if a record company later signed the band?
    i.e. hotpress and templelane get a stake in any future
    release containing that song?

Any muso experts/lawyers out there?

Advertisement