Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds accept Newcastle bid for Woodgate

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Clintons Cat

Thats a good buy for Robson,but can anyone see terry venables seeing out the season at leeds?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭kamobe

Will he actually be given any of this cash to improve his squad? He's said in the papers previously that he was planning on buying a few players with the money coming in from Fowler (that was before the deal fell apart/was resurrected again). That might entice him to stay....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Clintons Cat

if he has he will have to get a move on,
    the transfer window closes soon,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

I think Terry has had enough. The team he's trying to rebuild is been torn apart from above. They're only getting £3m initially for Fowler, the rest depends on appearances. The PLC and the fat cats are destroying the club.

Good
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

I dont think he can now. Part of the payment for Fowler has been deferred, and the same with Rio so they still have shagall money in the bank. I think 13m of the Rio money is not payable till Sept and 3m of the Fowler money is deferred till he makes a certain amount of appearances. I cannot see him staying. Does anyone know do Leeds owe Dave a settlement, if so they may try to reemploy him as long as the settlement is dropped. I thought they were daft sacking him in the first place.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Bye Bye Leeds, great buy, what they are up to is ridiculous. Got too big too soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Originally posted by yop
    Bye Bye Leeds, great buy, what they are up to is ridiculous. Got too big too soon.

Indeed, will the last player to leave Elland Rd please switch off
    the floodlights!

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Originally posted by Clintons Cat
    if he has he will have to get a move on,
    the transfer window closes soon,

He's gone to Newcastle this evening to discuss terms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Looks like its a done deal, although apparently there was plenty of subterfuge going on like players driving around in other players' cars etc etc, might not be a goer yet...

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Leeds to be relegated next season. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭ciano

The question is ... will Leeds be able to field 11 players for their next match!? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

And the other question is.....do any of us really care :)

Gandalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

According to the Irish Times tomorrow, as Woodgate has a slight thigh strain he won't be playing against Middlesbrough tomorrow, he's ineligble for the Champion's League so if he doesn't recover in time for the Arsenal match, his debut for Newcastle will be:

versus Leeds at Elland Road :) they're gonna love that :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Originally posted by gandalf
    And the other question is.....do any of us really care :)

Yes, some of us really care!

I'm gutted - Ridsdale told El Tel initially that he'd have to raise £10 million through player sales - a couple of months later he told him he might have to sell a few more. It seems the Financial experts at LUFC hadn't a fuc*ing clue as to how bad things were.

Ridsdale, who calls himself a Leeds fan has, in my book, a lot to answer for.

There's speculation that Colin Healy is signing today for about 375k - I wonder will the most recent events at Elland Road cause him to have a rethink. I'd say he's virtually certain of a first team place if he does come.

Of course, it'll be interesting to see what Smith, Kewell etc. will decide to do when contract renewal time comes around. For a club that harboured ambitions of a CL place this season, it's a right kick in the goolies.

Advertisement