Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

confused...

• 30-01-2003 7:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭

So yesterday i got a upgrade kit (AMD XP2100+1.733GHz 256mbDDR )from komplett.ie

I took out my old board (pIII 450mhz) and stuck in the new one with the processor,ram and fan installed.

After i put everything in i plugged in the power. I could hear a really high frequency noise coming i think from the power supply. i tried pressing power button but nothing happened.

i thought the power supply might be damaged but i tried my old board and it worked.
    the power supply has '230' written on the back.

anyone have any ideas??
    thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

theres a bit of black science about PSU's

Try to get a 350w PSU (if not a 300 may do). Avoid codegen PSU's there pretty duff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭BabyEater

If it is a 230 Watt power supply it is more than likely underpowered for an xp2100

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭marauder

Was the old system a Dell?- the connector's on Dell's PSUs are wired differently...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

The 230 on the PSU could be the input voltage,i.e. 230v.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Twas, Ill get on to em and let em know :)

Cheers lads

• Advertisement
Advertisement