Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

South everything cancelled

• 30-01-2003 10:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭

all of february

was planning on headin down then aswell (ive never been)

whats the ****in story with it? is it empty half the time? is it even worth going down to now that it seems like its on the way out??

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Who is it that runs the line-ups for South..?
    Joe Clarke is it or am I getting him mixed up with someone in the Redbox..

I feel South is on its way out too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭technobob

yup it is joe
    clarke is booked 4d 16th march
    and i think nightmares on wax 4d weekend after

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 mackie73

went there one sat nite and including me there was 97 ppl there, pple only go on the big nites and dont support it on the resident nites. anyway its a bit of a trip away from waterford

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭piscean

Originally posted by mackie73
    went there one sat nite and including me there was 97 ppl there, pple only go on the big nites and dont support it on the resident nites. anyway its a bit of a trip away from waterford

did u count all the ppl in there, must have been a good nite

gemsy i a venue that holds 2500, i noticed it looked empty so i did count the ppl and then doulde checked my tally with both the cloakroom and the ticket desk. Then we all concurred that i had come to the correct total.

yep u guessed it i was really bored

• Advertisement

Mackie u do amuse me!:D

i try my best my dear

although I'm easily amused:D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

You do remember your blonde?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Hugs-E

Also I have heard storeis about people travelling down from Dublin and getting refused and even pople from Waterford getting refused for no apparent reason.

What happens then is that person tells 10 people those people tell 10 people then no body will bother their arse making the effort, just in case it will happen to then.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 933 ✭✭✭mooman_00

ive only been there a few times on the bigger nites like dave clarke and slam:cool: and maurio piccoto :cool: and there was one other nite but i cant remember who i saw:confused: and it was brilliant, but i did hear it was empty the rest of the time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Hugs-E

Was in South last year when it first opened for Derrick Carter and was very impressed by the whole layout, but ever since then I've heard really bad stories from people who have gone down from Dublin and getting refused and getting thrown out for no reason.

The only have themselves to blame if it closes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Diva

Yeah, I've seen it myself, people getting refused because the bouncer did not like the look of them more or less!
    Its backfiring now!

Hearing those stories really puts me down from going..
    though its about time something like this happened to places.
    noone to blame but themselfs

Advertisement