Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

There Isn't Enough Ass-Slapping in Gaming

Options
  • 16-02-2001 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭

I recently went to a major LAN party, and I've noticed a disturbing trend. After a hot and heavy frag fest, nobody stood up gave a hearty slap on the ass while bellowing "Good game!"

I'm telling you, there's just not enough ass slapping going on in gaming today. We all know that to be truly considered a sport, two things must exist: macho posturing and homosexual overtones. Just go to any public Quake 3 server and you'll see macho posturing in spades, so we've got that part down, but where's the homosexual overtones? Where's the ass slapping (it's a slap, not a grab. Don't cup the hand and don't let your hand linger)?

I'm not gay or anything, but something just feels wrong if a bunch of men get together in a room and get all hot and sweaty and there's lots of grunting and swearing and there isn't just a LITTLE bit of ass slapping going on. Just seems like a good slap on the ass completes the whole picture. I dunno, maybe I'm crazy here.

It seems seems that since the beginning of time, sports have always been about contact. Big, hairy, strong men pushing things and throwing things and yelling and putting balls in holes. A good natured ass slap is a natural extension of that, and it's one thing the gaming community is missing: physical contact. It needs more well-oiled, muscled men grid locked in an eternal struggle for supremacy, sweat glistening off their furrowed brows…

Uhhh, I gotta go

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

I agree. remember the days when a goal scorer in an FA cup cud count on a good manly hand shake and a good slap on the
    a-rse as he jogged back to the half way line, none of that fancy dan shirt lifting or anything.real men slap ass
    /me slaps Lord Khans posterior, gg.

prop6.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Lord Khan

right back at ya

/me gives bugler a hearty slap on the ass

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

*SLAP*

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ThunderingMike

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

*WHAM*