Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Does Eircom actually charge you for going over 6GB

• 31-01-2003 1:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭

I have the istream multi with the 6gb download limit
    256 up/1024 down

i got kazaa and edonkey going at full blast :D
    already i have downloaded 2GB in 10 hours!!!

i was told by someone who works for eircom (not saying who) that they dont actually have any way of knowing if you go over the limit

so has anyone been charged for excessive downloads?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

i stream multi ?, do you mean i stream enhanced. I am on that 1mb down 256 up and afaik there is no download cap.
    I would transfer between up/down about 4-5 gig a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭EricM

when i called to ordered it i asked what was the next package up from istream solo and she said it was istream multi with a 6gb download limit for about 160 euro/month (i hope that included tax, i forgot to ask :o )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

yes its possible, but the it costs en extra 50 euros. And if you havent been charged....

Originally posted by Dustaz
    yes its possible, but the it costs en extra 50 euros. And if you havent been charged....

i just got istream so i dont know if i will be charge for it
    i would rather pay 50 euro then risk being charged a few thousand for doing 4gb a day

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 555 ✭✭✭fixer

on the phone when I ordered the Multi (€169 including VAT) they told me there is 6GB of transfer included in the base price, but that they aren't planning on charging for overages except in the cases of gross abuse. 2GB a day on a p2p network would probably get yourself label as abusive and charged accordingly (3 cent/MB charge)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭domeara01

the literature actually says that they may charge you 3.6C per meg over 6 gigs

Advertisement